Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 18

Renat Fatkhullin:
Here are some important positions:
  1. A code converter as well as support for MQL4 in MetaTrader 5 makes no sense and will not change the situation

When you say "if there was a converter" you don't understand that it wouldn't change anything at all. Absolutely nothing - I won't argue on this topic, as it requires that opponents are at a completely different level of understanding of product science and marketing.

The problem isn't the old codes at all, it's purely human inertia.

2. We need to instill in the developers a more correct way of writing effective programs instead of dragging the retarded and obsolete methods of working from MT4.

The architecture changes to make the next system more correct and ready for new workloads and demands. We have already rewritten our trading platforms from scratch 4 times in the chain FX Charts -> MetaQuotes -> MetaTrader 3 -> MetaTrader 4 -> MetaTrader 5 to be able to compete with other systems and stay up to date.

Unlike our competitors, we have the ability to change the market.

3. On MQL5 there are already quite clearly better written programs as compared to MQL4
    Language
    Codebase
    Market
    Articles
    MQL4
    4 000
    2 700
    MQL5
    3 700
    Taking into account that we are actively working on filling the MQL5 base, everything will be fine.

4. We are reforming Codebase, MQL5 Storage and Code Editor.

We will completely change the MQL5 Storage and move it all to separate projects where other developers can be involved. This will increase flexibility and provide the possibility to publish any project in Codebase directly from the editor and use versioning.

In essence, everything in the code library will become full-fledged projects. Existing files will be properly converted, automatically placed in projects and assigned to authors. Authors will be able to invite any participants to the projects and finalize them together. In addition, any developer can ask to join a project directly from the website.

This will allow you to increase the size and quality of the code library greatly. A mini-git-hub could be created.

5. The key to spreading the technology is in covering and attracting the giant masses

Exactly gigantic, numbering in the millions and tens of millions of people. Techno-communities are critical, but they work to connect a technologically small core of participants, usually in the tens of thousands.

The challenge is how to change the perceptions of the 5-10 million people who are unwilling to spend their time reading, studying, learning or thinking rationally.

Thank you for such a clearly articulated vision for the development of MT5.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Rather, the trader usually sees only himself in this world, which disables the ability to take into account the interests of others and learn.

Why would a trader want to take someone else's interests into account?

If a software developer wants to promote his product, he must offer comfort to the consumer, not create problems.

And a trader studies every tick.

It would be a good idea to have a multi-platform EA competition on a regular basis. For example, strategies like multicurrency arbitrage, a quantitative measurement of the whole market, simply cannot be tested on a 4. So traders need to learn the 5 or be left with nothing. Basically 50$ for the first 10-20k is not that much and people can be attracted. Just create incentives for learning 5k and as the contest is multicurrency and multiplatform, the users themselves will have to choose which platform will win, and it will clearly show what platform is stronger. And if smart heads leave 4, the others will also leave.

Ваня:

And why would a trader need to take someone else's interest to increase his profit - no.

Limited interests diminish the ability to debate issues where other people's positions are involved.

In order to understand the situation, you need to be clear about each side's interests rather than brushing off "I'm not interested in anything, I'm only thinking of myself".

Renat Fatkhullin:
Limited interests diminish the ability to engage in debate about issues that involve other people's positions.

Understanding the situation requires a clear understanding of each side's interests, rather than brushing off "I'm not interested in anything, I'm only thinking of myself".
this is why mt5 is still a problem. There has been no progress for 3 years. Traders have mostly stayed on mt4.

Ваня:
thats why mt5 is still a problem. No progress for 3 years. Most traders have stayed on mt4.
Stop talking rubbish.

You don't have any statistics (in fact you can't even read it, although everything is in front of you) and you're just publishing your speculations.

Progress can be seen everywhere:
  • history of change https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/releasenotes - no competitor has even come close to the speed and volume of functionality being released
  • constant growth of Metatrader 5 ecosystem
  • dozens of brokers launch Metatrader 5 every month, the number of traders is constantly growing

Server Muradasilov:
You get paid for posting code in the codebase ? We will add the code to free code through freelance who will be asked to do this - logically, who wrote the code. How many MT4 code base, take any code and rewrite it, point out the link to the source.

Placement in KB gives +50 points in rating, it is paid once, no need to duplicate it. This is $1. For someone, this is also bread ) Only this someone, who can competently rewrite from MT4 to MT5, will not be shoveling other people's codes for these pennies. I've done almost all of my codes in QB, I'll post new ones on 5. But to mess around with other people's... what for? I need to make money.

@Server Muradasilov, I do not know where you live and what you earn there, but in Russia the salary of a developer starts at $ 1500, a beginner from $ 1000. Divide even $1000/22 = 45.45 per day! That's all, I'll shut up.

By the way, you have zero publications in KB, so the agitation looks strange.

I think that such a slow implementation of MT5 in forex compared to MT4 in relation to MT3 is due to insufficient qualification of forex marketers hired by Metakvot which led to such a result. Their main mistake is lack of understanding of the fact that when summing up the orders, we should consider not only the total position but also total SL and TP as well, about which they were evidently unaware. This inevitably led to the fact that it was impossible to obtain the equivalent TP from MT4 in MT5 in a simple way. Later, apparently, the heads of marketing department solved this blunder and things started to change when additional orders and pending orders were added to MT5 which at least allows us to make a seamless transfer for a large percentage of strategies. It's also unclear why the marketers didn't advise Metakvotam to open their DC on MT5, which would have subsidised trading conditions to attract traders. Without this key point, in addition to the inability to directly convert code from MT4 to MT5, there could be a futile dissipation of company resources and a significant loss of revenue. The laws of the market in such cases, sooner or later will lead to the necessity of making the version that would allow automatic conversion of any MT4 strategies, because it is technically feasible... But in this case, rather an advanced version of MT4 than MT5 adapted to MT4. The other variant of events is not visible, unfortunately...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Placing in KB gives +50 points in the rating, and it pays once, no need to duplicate. It's $1.

It should also be mentioned that not everyone gets paid. (I do not get paid for example, if paid, I would put most of my codes in kodobaza and half of the products would be free).

Otherwise people will grubber will rewrite other people's codes and then lay a claim: like I toiled for 2 months and did not give a penny.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Stop talking rubbish.

You don't have any statistics (in fact you can't even read them, although everything is in front of you) and you're just posting your speculations.

Progress can be seen everywhere:
  • history of change https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/releasenotes - no competitor has even come close to the speed and volume of output functionality
  • constant growth of Metatrader 5 ecosystem
  • A dozen brokers launch Metatrader 5 a month, the trader mass is growing all the time

Renat, it's ok, it's just that the flywheel doesn't start spinning at full speed right away. You did well with MT5, the new builds are great. There is still one major problem the MQ developers can't handle.

To keep the cursor in the quote from jumping when replying. ))