Arbitration - rules, regulations, deadlines. - page 4

There were, indeed, 3 warnings. And these are the ones that appeared after you decided to add #property strict... Isn't that right?

I think it's time for you to stop, it's clear to everyone what kind of person you are. You've proven that once again in public.

A long time ago I raised a poll on extending forum features - I suggested introducing a setting: to block some forum threads at the user's choice.
I.e. if I don't like a topic, it won't be shown to me.
I now realise that a "white" and "black" list of users is very much needed.

This is a question of the relationship between the trader and the coder.

I am not a coder, but I have been communicating with coders since 2004 (if we take only Metatrader). And I think it's time to create a branch about how an ordinary user (not a programmer) can normally communicate with coders. Here's what I can say at a glance:

1. Traders and coders communicate in different languages. I am not talking about linguistics.
Very often they do not understand each other. For example - the request to "make an EA on two moving cross es with RSI confirmation of a breakout from 80 for buy and 20 for sell" is understandable to the coder. But is this what the client had in mind?

• Confirmation of RSI on the same bar with a cross of the two muwings?
  • The 80/20 RSI level crossing, how does it happen?
  • On which bars is the RSI level crossing?
  • What counts as a crossover of two muwings (according to the customer - he is looking at the picture ...)?
  • On the open bar the crossover (does the client know what it is)?
  • Or the final crossing on the 1st closed bar (and started on the second)?

A simple task ... and already six additional questions for the customer.

2. Coders have their own ethics (it has nothing to do with competition). With the help of ethics, they coexist with each other.

3. Coders and traders have different "mentalities" (I cannot find the right word, sorry), because they are different professions. What the trader understands on the chart (in the sense of "may I make an Expert Advisor based on this picture") - may cause a lot of questions to the coder. Because he (the coder) translates the words of the client and his graphics into the real life (in mathematics). And everything must be precisely defined (by the client). That is - beautiful "profitable" pictures may be seen by traders and coders differently. Pictures of cats, for example, they see the same. And they see the charts with indicators in different ways.

4. Coders have a specialization (their "specialty", so to say). It's just like builders (some are good at building yachts, some are good at building houses), etc. The word coder is roughly the same in this sense as the word builder, or translator

Maybe it's time to open a training thread here for potential customers about how to prepare terms of reference, what can be considered a trading system, how to communicate with coders ... otherwise there will be more cases like this.

I completely agree with the above!

newdigital:

A simple task ... and already six additional questions for the customer.

It's probably time to start a training thread for potential customers on how to write a terms of reference, what can be considered a trading system, how to communicate with coders... Otherwise there will be more cases like this.

Here's the problem ... The coder is a profession. And a customer is not. The customer may be a pensioner, or a schoolboy, or a worker, who unloaded boxes of frozen fish for 8 hours, and after work sat down at the computer - there is something to read but a lot of words, and he was tired ... yes, he could be a customer.

And he (for example) needs to state everything in multiples and in KISS (Keep It Simple and Stupid) form. So that he (for example) understands ...

The customer's qualifications do not matter. It is the customer who is a coder or not. If the client is not a coder, we need a forum thread about how they should communicate with each other.

newdigital:

Don't make up things that aren't there. There's a lot of nonsense to be made up here.

All the arbitration problems are not because of the TOR or anything you wrote above, but because of an unwillingness to compromise - because of an unwillingness to hear and listen to each other.

abolk:

Don't make up things that aren't there. There is a lot of nonsense to be made up here.

All the arbitration problems are not because of the TOR or anything you wrote above, but because of an unwillingness to compromise.

The potential client needs to be educated.

"And he saw that it was good" is only in the Bible.

abolk:

All the arbitration problems are not because of the TOR or anything you wrote above, but because of an unwillingness to compromise -- because of an unwillingness to hear and listen to each other.

An example of the situation with the compiler warnings -- between the top starter and the implementer.

On the one hand:

-- compiler warnings are not critical

-- if there's no #property strict in the code from the implementer -- then there's no reason for the customer to add something to the code from himself -- otherwise, having added it, there's nothing to complain about

On the other hand:

-- the executor admitted that even without #property strict -- there are a couple or three warnings

What is the scandal of this situation? The solution is simple -- the customer does not add unauthorized changes to the code -- the implementer makes changes to what is in the code that he delivers to the customer. That is all. The problem is over. But no. Scandal, argument, clouds of pages, arbitration.

For me, from the first lines of communication with such a customer, you have to say goodbye.

micle:
For me, from the first lines of communication with such a customer, you have to say goodbye.

I'm sorry, can you quote me exactly where the harassment was? Or the date and time of the message.

That I would take into account for the future! And because, you know, you can not see yourself from the outside!