Metatrader API & Metatrader Linux - page 5

TheXpert:
Now read my very first post again ;)
No - what he wants is clear - but there is no point

YuraZ:

The author of the topic wants a linux terminal ... From metaquotes... More precisely he wants an api

so he can write his own ,,,, his terminal his TS. Working through the api with brokers who have software by methaqvot... But why? Why bother with this mess?

The grotesque of this whole branch is that MQL5 environment (not MQL4++) is so mature, that it's possible to write your own full-fledged terminal completely in MQL5.

C-4:
The funny thing is that MQL5 environment (not MQL4++) is so developed, that it is possible to write your own full-fledged terminal completely in MQL5.

I think you confuse the creation of a variety of panels and a full-fledged terminal from scratch!

YuraZ:

Here I presume you are confusing the creation of a variety of panels with the creation of a complete terminal from scratch!

I am not.

C-4:
The grotesque of the whole branch is that MQL5 environment (not MQL4++) is so developed that it is quite possible to write your own full-fledged terminal entirely in MQL5.

And the further development and isolation of MQL sandbox shows the way to writing your own operating system.

But IMHO, progress in IT may be based not on a tug of war, but on openness and integration, which, in my opinion, is the basis for the success of the MQ platform - MT3 open Api, MT4 standard Windows Interface, but unfortunately the trend has changed since MT5...

revers45:

And the further development and isolation of the MQL sandbox points the way towards writing its own operating system.

But IMHO, progress in IT may be built not on blanket pulling, but on openness and integration, which in my opinion is the basis for the success of the MQ platform promotion - MT3 open Api, MT4 standard Windows Interface, but unfortunately since MT5 the trend has changed...

In fact, "openness" and "integration" means that someone will work and create a product, while others will parasitize on their technologies. For example, I recently received a link to a site where my purely OpenSource product MetaCOT is almost openly sold. And you say "integration..."

C-4:
In fact, "openness" and "integration" means that one person will work and create the product, while others will parasitize on their technology. For example, I recently received a link to a site where my purely OpenSource product MetaCOT is almost openly sold. And you say "integration...".
I'm about progress, and didn't say that the path of integration and openness is easy - it's like living in a democracy, but in a dictatorship it's usually quieter...

C-4:
Not confused.

:-) ... confused

Either you don't understand me or I don't understand you.

I was saying that creating your own terminal is essentially the same as creating an MT4 terminal

with authorization to the server, with maintaining your own quotes base - it's not using a ready to use MT4 terminal where it's easy to get

iOpen ( ...,PERIOD_D1, 33) you have to write this function in your terminal using your own quote base and not from other terminal

If you want to send the first order to the server in your own terminal - you need to create charts, create a mechanism for working with orders down to the low-level operations of sending orders to the server

i.e. you must have documentation on API functions - to access the server from user programs....

i.e. you won't have OrderSend - OrderClose functions you will have to write them! And first, at a low level ...

iOpen iTime iMA and all the other functions - i.e. all the written functionality!

Imagine you do NOT have an MT4 or MT5 terminal on your machine ... but your own is written and installed!

Well, it's obvious that MQL4 MQL5 are not supposed to create a trading terminal - this tool is for other purposes!

these languages are designed to create trading strategies running on a METAQUOTES terminal

---

If you think you are writing terminal and you use terminal functions (from METAUOTES) from MT4/mt5 terminal

- You don't write your own terminal :-) You don't write your own terminal - you write your own wrapper on a ready-made terminal and ready-made terminal functions!

---

You are already talking about the trading platform. I'm talking more like the same name panel in MT4.

C-4:
Самое смешное, что среда MQL5 (не MQL4++) на столько развитая что написать свой полноценный терминал полностью на MQL5 в нем вполне возможно.

I think you are confusing the creation of a panel with a full-fledged terminal from scratch!

C-4:

You're already talking about a trading platform. I'm rather talking about the panelof the same name in MT4.

You initially meant a terminal, not a panel - I tried to correct you :-) but I'm correct.
Now the term is more correct!

Yes MQL4 and MQL5 allow you to easily create a nice, handy wrapper for trading (PANEL)

--

I am very surprised when someone decides to write their own terminal - all by themselves :-) ... just for themselves in linux on windows or their own personal operating system - not written yet