What kind of expert does an expert have to be for you to buy one? - page 4

iTC:
Take about 100,000 and go out into the real market!
They're already waiting for you here :)

A100:
They're waiting for you here :)
You can, of course, take the whole cutlet. Or you can calculate your risks. What is your choice?

artmedia70:
What do you choose?

I choose - a stable job! Trading is a form of entertainment. You can win, but you cannot live on your winnings for a long time.

iTC:
Now, after 12 years of trading, thanks to 10 years of cooperation with Komposter I make 25% of my balance each month.

To get such a result the risk should be considerable - any broker would be glad to have such a client.

A100:
I choose - stable work!

The robot I aspire to:

1. Protective mechanisms:

1.1. Stop loss -- mandatory.

1.2. Fixed % max risk on the whole deposit and in each transaction separately.

1.3. Several different options for fixing the profit (or closing a position) depending on the market situation

2. Strategy - only following the trend. Trading on the flat is forbidden. 3.

3) Minimal number of losing trades (1-2 trades per year, no more).

4. Number of deals does not matter.

5. Opening of a position in the beginning of a trend, and closing at the end of it. 6.

6. Building up a position within the trend (for MT5).

7. Drawdown - does not matter, as there is a fixed stop loss, which will trigger in case of force majeure.

In general - everything is simple: reliable stable work, taking into account all possible scenarios of market situation development for a long time ( 3-5 years).

VNIK:

The robot I aspire to:

1. Protective mechanisms:

1.1. Stop loss -- mandatory.

1.2. Fixed % max risk on the whole deposit and in each transaction separately.

1.3. Several different options for fixing the profit (or closing a position) depending on the market situation

2. Strategy - only following the trend. Trading on the flat is forbidden. 3.

3) Minimal number of losing trades (1-2 trades per year, no more).

4. Number of deals does not matter.

5. Opening of a position in the beginning of a trend, and closing at the end of it. 6.

6. Building up a position within the trend (for MT5).

7. The drawdown does not matter, because there is a fixed stop-loss, which will be triggered in case of force majeure.

In general - everything is simple: a reliable stable operation, taking into account all possible scenarios in the market over a long period of time (3-5 years).

Good. On the 1st there is no question.

Items 2, 5, 6 are possible only if you are clairvoyant or move the market yourself.

Only 2 losing trades a year?! Are you kidding me? So 2 stops should trigger in a year? Either you have huge stops, or you're fine with 10 trades a year. That's utopia for sure...

I consider at least 100 trades a year (2 per week), stops more than half the size of the take, a consistently positive test over 3-5 years to be acceptable.

Doozer2:

Good. There is no question about point 1.

Points 2, 5, 6 are only possible if you are clairvoyant or move the market yourself.

Only 2 losing trades a year?! Are you kidding me? So 2 stops should trigger in a year? Either you have huge stops or you're fine with 10 trades a year. That's utopia for sure...

I consider at least 100 trades per year (2 per week), stops more than half the size of the take, a consistently positive test over 3-5 years to be acceptable.

You decide in your priorities, what is more important: the number of trades or reliability of performance?

The scheme is quite workable - early example: https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/149 . And no joke: 5 years of stable performance.

P.S. Yes, I am a clairvoyant!!!

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal - Документация по MQL5

A100:
They are waiting for you here :)
Yes ITC is a trivial liar -) allegedly making 25 percent and no drawdowns, even at 15, a grail is not the other way round

VNIK:

You have to prioritise what is more important: the number of trades or the reliability of the operation?

The scheme is quite workable - an early example: https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/149 . And no kidding: 5 years of steady work.

There is some misunderstanding between your 50 pips Takei and your:"Opening a position at the beginning of a trend, closing at the end of it. "And why show the test with increasing lot... Is there a 5 year chart with 0.1 lot ?

And about importance - here we need both quantity and quality.

For example, let's take two Expert Advisors with steadily increasing balance curve over a year:

1. Yours, 20 deals, stop-loss is 7 times the current one, all trades are positive.

2. The other one, 200 trades, 7 times the stop loss, half of the trades are positive.

Which is more reliable and which is less risky?

Doozer2:

Somehow your 50 pips take and your:"Open position at the beginning of the trend, close at the end of the trend. "

I made it clear: the early option in this scheme.

I do not like the rare trade either, well, we are working and trying to improve the algorithm.

If it works, I'll put it in "Signals"...

VNIK:

I made it clear: an early version of this scheme.

I don't like the rare trade either, so we're working and trying to improve the algorithm.

If it works, I'll put it in "Signals"...

You're right - more entries, more reliability of your trading robot. My robot is always in the market either buy or sell, from 2005 till 2013 it didn't lose any money, but I've never earned anything either. I have a good profit in 2008, but it all went downhill in two years. Now I am optimizing