What kind of expert does an expert have to be for you to buy one?

Looked through and tested all the MT5 experts that the marketplace is asking for over 1000 credits for. It's just plain ugly.

None of them I would buy. Most of them are "ticking grails" parasitic on the imperfection of the MT tester.

The rest are unimpressive in terms of profit or stability. There are even fragments with blunt errors.

One conclusion is inescapable - they all are looking for a rich "fool". And many of them find them. Or do they?

I've been programming EAs in MQL for more than 10 years using my own ideas.

I have created hundreds of plummers and grails as good as the ones described above. But my conscience does not allow me to sell them.

However...

And let's determine together what should be the parameters of an EA to make people want to buy it? I think I'll find one)

For example:

1. Stable balance and equity lines up in the tester over the last few years.

2. Similar results on all ticks, on minute OHLC and on any other timeframe on opening prices.

3. Similar results on quotes of several popular DCs.

4. Similar profitable results of the algorithm on several symbols.

5. The ability to trade by market, as well as by pending orders, without a significant loss of profitability.

6. High rebound factor, low drawdown.

7. Big enough amount of trades.

8. Obligatory presence of stops.

9. Absence of martingale.

10. No adding.

And so on.

Please add your variants.

I will try to make such an Expert Advisor after the discussion. Thank you all in advance!

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal - Документация по MQL5

11. Trust in the coder.

• for example, he is a well-known coder who will be forgiven if a purchased expert fails and will not be turned away.
  • they trust him at his word, know his style, his systems
  • know how he did it
  • he is active on many forums (here too)
  • he has professional foes and virtual friends
  • He is a public person.

If a totally unknown coder encodes something supernatural, then he can sell it (if for sale) only on a momentary wave of interest, rather than as a regular business, for example.

Doozer2:

1. Stable balance and equity lines up in the tester over the last few years.

2. Similar results on all ticks, on minute OHLC and on any other timeframe on opening prices.

5. Ability to trade both by market and by pending orders without significant loss of profitability.

6. High Recovery Factor, low drawdown.

7. Big enough amount of trades.

10. Absence of shares.

1. Utopia ( or do you know the exact date of force majeure, which is usually once a year?)

2. Utopia ( too high volatility)

5. What's the point - it's a robot, not a manual TS

6 Utopia - see point 1.

7. Why? Enough from the reversal to the trend reversal

10. Dovetails in the continuation of the trend - holy.

11. Are we discussing a robot or a PR campaign to sell it?

newdigital:

11. Trust in the coder.

• For example, he's a famous coder who will be forgiven if an Expert Advisor he's bought fails and won't be turned away.
  • they take him at his word, they know his style, his systems.
  • know how he did it
  • he is active on many forums (here too)
  • he has professional enemies and virtual friends
  • he's a public figure.

If a totally unknown coder encodes something supernatural, he can only sell it (if it's for sale) on a momentary wave of interest, not as a regular business, for example.

By your logic, let's all buy EvilBobber from Andrei, he's a famous coder... If anything, we'll understand him and forgive him.

And if we know how the coder made his EA, there is a high probability of repeating it.

The activity on many forums often indicates that the person has nothing to do or likes to gossip.

If I'm constantly writing code and testing it, I don't have time to post on forums.

So I don't agree with you. And it's not pertinent to the subject.

VNIK:

1. Utopia ( or do you know the exact date of force majeure, which is usually once a year?)

2. Utopia ( too high volatility)

5. What's the point - it's a robot, not a manual TS

6 Utopia - see point 1.

7. Why? Enough from the reversal to the trend reversal

10. Dolives in the continuation of the trend - sacred.

11. are we discussing a robot or a PR campaign to sell it?

Regarding the 2nd point I meant that the test should not only be correct on all ticks, but also for example on minutes or 15 min by opening prices.

Regarding the 5th point - it is always more reliable to enter by limits than by market.

And the large amount of deals over several years, e.g. more than 1000 - better to confirm the trend, than 100 trades.

You don't know when force majeure will occur, and it is there.)

If many of these things are utopia for you - may be you can propose your own variants?

Doozer2:

If many of these points are utopian for you, maybe you can offer your own variants?

Every trader has his own experience in developing robots.

I have expressed my doubts on some of your points, but it is quite possible that you will succeed.

In my opinion, Expert Advisors are watched by programmers for the sake of interest, maybe something new, or people poorly versed in trading, in search of nonexistent grads, they are interested in 3 parameters:

- initial deposit (max 10);

- percentage of profit per month (more than 100%);

- MM.

These three parameters should be set in the Expert Advisor's input parameters and depend on each other, for example, the higher the risk, the larger the profit, and vice versa).

And it is also desirable to have more trades, and no one is interested in how the Expert Advisor works).

The question has the wrong emphasis from the start. And this is understandable - many people when buying a robot expect that now they just attach the program to the chart and watch how the balance and equity grow. But let us face it: creating an automated trading strategy that can yield profit over the long term without the intervention of a trader is a very difficult task, if not impossible.

Let's assume that someone has such a system. I think many would agree that it would be foolish to just sell it. It would be more correct to open a PAMM account and signals on its basis. The profits are many times greater than just selling the program.

Therefore, all those ATS that are sold should be regarded only as a trader's tools to help him in this or that circumstance. But no more. Saying that such programs show poor trading results and be offended by this is, at a minimum, incorrect. When buying an ATS, you should be clear about how it works and how it should be used for its intended purpose. You should not leave the PBX unattended or relax while it is working.

Otherwise (if the principle of operation of the PBX is unknown) it is a cat in a poke. In making the sale of such an advisor, the seller shows his lack of conscience and irresponsibility, and the buyer shows his stupidity and greed.

Crucian:

In my opinion, EAs are watched by programmers-traders themselves just for the sake of interest, in case there is something new, or by people poorly versed in trading, in search of nonexistent grails

If you are a programmer-trader, it will be easier for you to formulate parameters for an EA.

Crucian:

These three parameters should be set in the input parameters of the EA and depend on each other, for example the higher the risk the higher the profit, and vice versa).

Yes, the possibility to increase/decrease the risk should be obligatory.

Scriptong:

The question has the wrong emphasis from the start. And this is understandable - many people when buying a robot expect that now they just attach the program to the chart and watch how the balance and equity grow. But let us face it: creating an automated trading strategy that can yield profit over the long term without the intervention of a trader is a very difficult task, if not impossible.

No one knows what will happen in the long run, regardless of whether you have invested in a PAMM or bought an Expert Advisor. That is why we need the criteria of the EA discussed - to be as sure as possible about its successful future.

Scriptong:

You should not leave the ATS unattended or relax while it is working.

Otherwise (if the principle of ATS operation is unknown) it is a cat in a poke.

I absolutely agree, when selling an EA there should be as much description of the principles of operation as possible. And, of course, quality follow-up support.
MQL5 Маркет
MQL5 Маркет
  • www.mql5.com
Маркет - магазин программ для MetaTrader 5 и MetaTrader 4

Yeah - and it's a good idea to consult a normal profitable trader - maybe for an exchange of ideas make him a free copy of the EA according to his strategy