Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 15

JJerboa:

I'm not a programmer at all! It's harder to write in MQL4, because your hand gets tired :)

It's easier to use MQL5 if only because the notion of order-position-trade is separated + different trinkets like "Poke with scroll to function", styler and tester.

It doesn't help me, I can set the style myself. Tester suited me and the 4th - enough to check the program. Auto-select is certainly handy, but soon it will be on 4, which will make it even easier.

FAQ:
And of course I cannot read the topic, walk through links in the first post and see description of announcements, too - "lots of booze".

I'm not used to quoting myself, but I wrote straight away:

"Read the thread, but did not find answers to my questions".

I did not find direct answers to my questions, even through links, perhaps, to me as a non-programmer something is not clear, but I, as a user and employer, want to know about changes and what good they promise me.

-Aleks-:

I'm not used to quoting myself, but I wrote straight away:

"Read the thread, but did not find answers to my questions".

I have not found direct answers to my questions, even in links, maybe I did not understand something, but I want to know about changes and what good they promise me as a user and an employer.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

MetaTrader 4 IDE Beta Version Including New MQL4 Compiler and Editor

-Aleks-, 2013.09.08 00:00

I have read the thread, but have not found an answer to my question:

1. will a file compiled in a new version of the compiler work faster? - yes, the new code compiles in nativ like eh5

2. Will it be possible to compile code optionally in MT4 or MT5, or will it automatically work in MT5? And if not, is it possible to do a compatibility helper? - Run the editor now and check

3. From what I understand there is a big risk that the old code will not compile, and this makes me very sad as: - The old code will compile, backwards compatibility is complete.

The old ex4 format will be normally recognised by the terminal and work normally.

FAQ:
The old ex4 format will be normally recognised by the terminal and will work fine.

Thank you very much for your reply, I hope I got it right, I will wait for the favourable consequences of the new MT4 build.

обратная совместимость полная.

Unfortunately not 100%.

Renat:
  • The switch operator now uses only integer values. Previously, you could use real values.

• Now you cannot use a dot in variable names. Also, you cannot use the '@', '$', '?' characters in variable names.

• The requirements to the start function have been tightened. Previously, you could specify parameters in the start function. Now all the entry points init, start, deinit, OnInit, OnStart, OnTick, OnTimer, etc. must exactly match their signatures

• Due to the expansion of the keyword set, names such as short, long, float, const, virtual, input, delete, new, do, char cannot be used anymore.

• Now there are predefined names of variables _Period, _Symbol, _LastError, _CriticalError, _StopFlag, _Point, _Digits, _UninitReason, _RandomSeed that may conflict with simple variables declared in existing sources with the same names

zfs:
Мне это не помогает, стиль я сам в состоянии задать. Тестер меня устраивал и 4-ый - достаточно, чтобы проверить программу. Автовыбор конечно удобно, но скоро он будет и на 4-ке, что сделает её еще проще.Нет.

The tester in four is much worse. If your programme is a simple one, there's not much difference. For a complex programme, however, the tester in five is much better.

I wish tester 4 would have added support for multi-core processors like in 5. I wish each core would count as a separate pass, e.g. in optimisation.

TolikB:
I wish tester 4 would have added support for multi-core processors like in 5. I wish each core would count as a separate pass, e.g. in optimization.
Unfortunately, it will not be possible. The architecture of the MT4 tester does not allow it.

C-4:
Unfortunately that's not going to happen. The architecture of the MT4 tester does not allow it.

And I thought there would be updates to the architecture as well, and hoped that all cores would work... and if not, who's going to benefit from those updates...

-Aleks-:

And I thought there would be updates to the architecture as well, and hoped that all cores would work... and if not, who's going to benefit from these updates...

Well... well, kind of a lot of people...

If your goal is just to get shit-faced, then others have slightly different goals