Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 73

Interesting:

An interesting question has arisen here.

Will there be an extended date/time functionality in MT4 or not? I am asking about GMT in the first place.

Will it be the same as in 5. Or you want to extend it in some other way?

stringo:
It will be like in five. Or do you want to extend it in some other way?

As far as I understand it, this is sufficient. Although MT5 has additional server time features as well.

And what about the functionality to work with the chart pattern (fotn, bar colour, etc.)?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков - Документация по MQL5

stringo:
Will there be a scale in n/a?

Fails to save the tester report in MT4. At this point an incomprehensible message appears in the logbook:

13:14:03 TemplateFile: cannot open the template file

Exactly in the terminal log, not in the tester log.

This has never been a problem. I have always successfully saved the tester report as two files.

Please help.

The template file for the report must be corrupted, reinstall the terminal.

Vladon:
The template file for the report must be corrupted, reinstall the terminal.
Thank you. Sorted it out.

The editor prompt defines iHighest(...) as void and iLowest(...) as int. This must have appeared in the newer builds. (In the documentation on MQL4 both are int.).

By the way, the latest build still has the hang when trying to read outside the CSV file. As I understand it, the end of file sign is not output to the program before the hang. So there is still no point in trying to read a text file of unknown format/size as CSV. To be honest, I was sure this had been fixed a long time ago. But nothing has changed. Why is that?

And you're all about ticks...

I dumped on H1 in the indicator results tester by bar into a file as a variable to speed up the next stage of testing. And then I deleted the folder with quotes for the terminal to download them completely. What was my surprise when my dump did not coincide with the history! A few Friday 23:00 bars were added and deleted and as a result, shifts from the past history!

Now I don't even know whether to trust the Cloud, because I don't know exactly where their quotes for testing are downloaded from...

Документация по MQL5: Файловые операции / FolderDelete
  • www.mql5.com
Файловые операции / FolderDelete - Документация по MQL5

Roffild:

Now I don't even know whether to trust the Cloud, because I don't know exactly where they download their quotes for testing...

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/4927/135192#comment_135192
Мы запускаем облачный сервис MQL5 Cloud Network!
Мы запускаем облачный сервис MQL5 Cloud Network!
  • www.mql5.com
Для начала работы в MQL5 Cloud Network достаточно скачать и установить MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent.

When I download the quotes from the broker's server the history on my computer and in the Clouds will be completely different!

I'm not posting about recent Fridays, but about the days in 2010-2012.

So, you can only trust the Cloud by deleting the "\bases\MetaQuotes-Demo\history\" folder before testing... and that's "on faith" that you won't come across an agent with an old history downloaded...

• www.mql5.com
Файловые операции / FolderDelete - Документация по MQL5