Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 60

In the upcoming MOEX release, the gateway and servers will output milliseconds in price ticks. The ticks will expose the time of the exchange.

This has already been implemented and we are just waiting for the release.

Renat Fatkhullin:

In the upcoming MOEX release, the gateway and servers will output milliseconds in price ticks. The ticks will expose the time of the exchange.

This has already been implemented and we are just waiting for the release.

Great! Thank you! The exchange time of the last change of the best price - the main thing is to determine the relevance of quotes. And a millisecond timer of your own can be attached and synchronised.

Now I was observing this effect again. The oil news came out at 18.00, and the candle BR-8.16 fell asleep for two minutes, waking up every 10 seconds or so. With or without indicators, the effect lasted for two minutes, until the market was relieved. In the glass at that time it was possible to observe where the price was actually at. And once every 10 seconds it was updated on the chart. I wanted to record a video, but did not have time))

ottenand:
Now I was observing this effect again. The oil news came out at 18.00 and the candlestick BR-8.16 fell asleep for two minutes, waking up every 10 seconds or so. With or without indicators, the effect lasted for two minutes, until the market was relieved. In the glass at that time it was possible to observe where the price was actually at. And once every 10 seconds it was updated on the chart. I wanted to record a video - I didn't have time))
You have to record a video for sure. Otherwise we are not talking about anything. The video should necessarily show an empty template with no indicators and other markup. Only a clear chart. The symbol's price chart must also be shown. The timeframe of the chart is М1.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Make sure you record a video. Otherwise the conversation is nothing. Be sure to load an empty template on the video, without indicators and other markup. Only a clean chart. The symbol's price chart must also be shown. The timeframe of the chart is М1.
And we also need "Task Manager" - tab "Processes" - sorted by decrease column "CPU" - to see who and how much CPU load at this moment.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Make sure you record a video. Otherwise we are not talking about anything. It is mandatory that the video should have an empty template, without indicators and other markup. Only a clear chart. The symbol's price slider must be shown as well. The timeframe of the chart is М1.

I wrote a post now, with details, and for some reason it's gone. All right, I'll write again briefly.

I'll try to record a video, either at the opening or in the news.

Another bug. Frozen candle is accompanied by termination of displaying of deals on top of the tick chart. The candlestick woke up - a lot of deals fell on the tick chart. The cup prices themselves and the tick chart are running fast and active.

Indicators and network connection, as far as I understand, cannot have this effect. Prices are running in the depth chart - the network is normal. What about the indicator - a primitive basic price channel slows down the strip and the candlestick chart?

About the CPU load - if the monitor is enough, I will set it too!)

ottenand:

Another bug. A fading candle is accompanied by a stoppage in the display of the bar on top of the tick chart. The candle woke up - a pile of trades fell on the tick chart. The prices of the cup and the tick chart themselves run fast and active.

I have noticed that the chart is implemented extremely inefficiently from the point of view of resource consumption.

They decided not to load the video card. Everything on the CPU goes to one core.

If you have cores less than 3GHz per sibling, you may experience lags.

This is an assumption.

Ром:

I noticed that the ribbon is very inefficiently implemented from a PC resource consumption point of view.

It was decided not to spin up the graphics card. Everything on the CPU goes to one core.

If you have cores less than 3GHz per sibling, you may experience lags.

That's a guess.

I can't imagine what 3GHz cores and video loads are we talking about? If we take into account development of MT4 >> MT5 in terms of code speed, as developers say, and the fact that it's far from Celerons with one 256Mb slab, there should be no questions about it by now. The trading terminal in trade mode must not ravage hardware like some kind of crazy engineering software. It doesn't. Of course, it loads, but in the history test mode, I would not say that it seriously loads. In trading mode I'm averaging load of one terminal copy on my CPU is a few percent, I've looked it up today. Now, when there are no trades, I start the terminal - load is 0.8%.

ottenand:
I can't imagine what 3GHz cores and graphics loads are we talking about? If we take into account development of MT4 >> MT5 in terms of code speed, what developers are talking about, and the fact that it's far from Celerons with one 256Mb slab, there should be no questions about it by now. The trading terminal in trade mode must not ravage hardware like some kind of crazy engineering software. It doesn't. Of course, it loads, but in the history test mode, I would not say that it seriously loads. In trading mode I'm averaging load of one terminal copy on my CPU is a few percent, I've looked it up today. Now, when there are no trades, I start the terminal - load is 0.8%.

Open Forts Real, put the ribbon on Si, stretch it to full screen, zoom out and see the CPU load without minimising the terminal! The graphics will be decently loading one of the processor cores.

The load is not spread out. Output of the current quotes chart will be placed on the same CPU core. I am not a developer - I do not know exactly how it is organized.

In the trade mode the load of one copy of the terminal on the CPU is at the average several percent.

The CPU may be multi-threaded. And this load, which is displayed in your browser, is a general one - it doesn't say much. I am not an expert on hardware, but I am a good at googling.

Ром:

Open Forts Real, put the ribbon on Si, stretch it to full screen, zoom out and see CPU load without minimizing the terminal! The graphics will be decently loading one of the processor cores.

The load is not spread out. Output of the current quotes chart will be placed on the same CPU core. I am not a developer - I don't know exactly how it is organized.

The CPU may be multi-threaded as well. And this load that is displayed in your screen is a general one - it doesn't say much. I'm not an expert in hardware, but I can google it.

This is a very serious problem.

If we consider that the terminal is in fact a robust graphical program which produces dozens of FPS (especially with an additional unreasonable stimulation of redrawing by robots), then the video card has a great impact. Failure of rendering performance happens on weak laptops (and today's inexpensive office desktops are not far from laptops) with integrated graphics, where even simple 2D operations are mercilessly slow.

The stalled charts are directly affected by custom indicators which can suddenly start to slow down in their calculations and thus block the timely rendering of the chart.

And finally, there is a possible network slowdown. As for the trader, so for the broker (anything can happen, no one can guarantee that).