Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 24

"Otkritie (RF) and Masterbrok (Kiev) have introduced MT5. I don't know about Otkritie, but Masterbrok makes it impossible to use the platform on a daily chart. There is a separate history for the 6.13 index and a separate history of 60 day bars for the 9.13 index. There are two unrelated parts of chart histories with 60 bars each. There is no possibility to make a general picture of at least 120 daily bars. In the index QUICE, you can see the whole history even in months. How can you correct this situation?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Видимость объектов
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Видимость объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Видимость объектов - Документация по MQL5

I don't know about that. Tell me, has MQL made support for OrdersMove for the Moscow exchange?

iTC:
"Otkritie (RF) and Masterbrok (Kiev) have introduced MT5. I don't know about Otkritie, but Masterbrok makes it impossible to use the platform on a daily chart. There is a separate history for the 6.13 index and a separate history of 60 day bars for the 9.13 index. There are two unrelated parts of chart histories with 60 bars each. There is no possibility to make a general picture of at least 120 daily bars. In the index QUICE, you can see the whole history even in months. How may you correct this situation?
Look in the symbols, there is a futures on the Ukrainian Exchange Index - 12.13 (it is in the root directory). By the way, please call Master Brok - ask them to buy metatrader for android. I already called. Told.

Any advice from someone who is already experienced! How to trade on MT5 on stock and futures markets. The essence of the problem is shown in the video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b916sjQ6_kI&feature=youtu.be I thought I was technically ready for this. It turned out to be the opposite.

iTC:

Any advice from someone who is already experienced! How to trade on MT5 on stock and futures markets. The essence of the problem is shown in the video. I thought I was technically ready for it. It turned out to be the opposite.

I think it's about low liquidity.

The profit on the trade tab is calculated on the price of the last trade.

Clicking the cross, you give an order to exit the market - the terminal looks at the stack (with a wild spread) and sees who is ready to buy at the highest price. This highest price is lower than the price of the last trade at which the profit was calculated - so you get a loss. Watch the market, exit with a pending order - put it in the market and everything will be more predictable. Otherwise - just feed the robots :)

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

sanderz:

I think this is about low liquidity.

The profit on the trade tab is calculated on the price of the last trade.

By hitting the cross, you give an order to exit the market - the terminal looks at the stack (with a wild spread) and sees who is ready to buy at the highest price. This highest price is lower than the price of the last trade at which the profit was calculated - so you get a loss. Watch the market, exit with a pending order - put it in the market and everything will be more predictable. Otherwise - just feed the robots :)

Thanks a lot for the clarification! I understood it later, when I saw that the BID was in the middle of nowhere. Two questions then. Why does the terminal does not calculate the profit considering the last Bid price and number of lots? And second. Why doesn't the terminal show the broker's commission? It is not small... After the calculations in the profit (loss) cell show the real result.

iTC:
Thanks for the clarification! I understood it later, when I saw that the BID is in the middle of nowhere. Then I have two questions. Why does the terminal does not calculate profit considering the last BID price and number of lots? And second. Why doesn't the terminal show the broker's commission? It is not small... After calculations in the profit (loss) cell show the real result.

Well. All the same, it would be like this: bids may be deleted in a fraction of a second before they are executed and the data will be unreliable.

In my FORTS, broker's commission is determined at the end of the day and deducted the next morning. This is because the commission is calculated depending on the turnover for the day, on the amount of assets at the end of the day... There may be other conditions. I immediately deduct the exchange commission from my trades.

Got it. Thanks again. I'll have to leave all this tracking to an expert.

There is another question. Is there a concept of "Portfolio" in MT5? Can it be found somewhere in the terminal?

iTC:
There is another question. Is there a concept of "Portfolio" in MT5? Can it be found somewhere in the terminal?
Recalculate it. The meaning of portfolio in MT5 is very deep).