Why don't I read the articles? - page 13

As far as terminals are concerned, I haven't seen a better MT5 yet. Maybe Vizlab5, but... in short, everywhere you look, there is a lot of mess .... My last tried one - COM Alor. Yeah, you can write everything yourself, but there's a crutch too. Don't know about S#. I haven't used Plasma either. And QPile, ATF too...

That's why I'm waiting for MT5 for stockbrokers. Although it has some bugs too. I hope everything will fall into place when it goes to rts/mmwb.

For example, I see no reason to refuse to place orders at the best price, to buy off as much as there is and leave the rest hanging (if I understand correctly here from one of the threads, it is refused).

And in general, it would be nice to expand the possible options for bids. For example, linked on a different paper. Up to trailing on the server. They are present in many systems too, as you know. And nothing, the server works...

In short, forex is forex, but an organised market is more reliable.

It's a thankless task, so just a few of the easiest items:

1. Custom history of any kind, let alone tick and Level2 history.
  2. Even within M1 the tester will never be accurate on all ticks, because there is no Ask history at least.
  3. Consideration of liquidity in testing.
  4. Non-synchronization of bars in different symbols. For example, OPEN(EURUSD) is shown coinciding with OPEN(GBPUSD). But in fact, it is not.

hrenfx:

It's a thankless task, so just a few of the easiest items:

1. Custom history of any kind, let alone tick and Level2 history.
  2. Even within M1 the tester will never be accurate on all ticks, because there is no Ask history at least.
  3. Taking liquidity into account when testing.

Yes, these points have been made more than once by you (so many times that they are not perceived at all :).

But it concerns MT5 server, not S#.

I'm asking to name the limitation of MQL5 compared to S# ?

The MT5 can be compared to S# in several ways:

1. Languages.
  2. Trading capabilities.
  3. Market research tools.

Which item are you interested in?

hrenfx:

1. Languages.
  2. Trading capabilities.

Which item are you interested in?

All of them, of course. It is sadomaso to choose a separate software for every task.

hrenfx:

1. Languages.
  2. Trading capabilities.

What item you are interested in?

Give only strong differences with specific advantage to one of the sides. The advantage of MQL5 would also be desirable to write.

You can do so for each item.

PS, I want to clarify the point - is S# a full-fledged platform or a set of functions for the development of trading strategies?

Languages: S# - C# capabilities, MQL5 - C++ capabilities. Without going into details - parity.

Trading possibilities (purely trading API): MT5 has binding to a chart, exactly to a symbol which forms it. Because of this even a simple collection of ticks by several symbols turns out to be a tick skipping. Moreover, the extreme quote time is given with a one second discreteness, not in milliseconds.

Toolkit for market research: much has been written here. Including the post above.

The advantage of MT5 over any algo trader toolkit is the cloud.

S# is not a complete trading platform with a trading server. It's a high-level amalgamation of several APIs: trading, tester, graphical, database, execution quality, ... that run solely on the client side. I.e. it's everything an algo-trader needs.

I.e. it is quite possible to create an S# connector on MT5. Then there will be no need in MQL5 at all.

hrenfx:

Languages: S# - C# capabilities, MQL5 - C++ capabilities. Without going into details - parity.

Trading possibilities (purely trading API): MT5 has binding to a chart, exactly to a symbol which forms it. Because of this even a simple collection of ticks by several symbols turns out to be a tick skipping. Moreover, the extreme quote time is given with a one second discreteness, not in milliseconds.

Toolkit for market research: much has been written here. Including the post above.

The second point, you can discard too.
You do know that by placing indicators/experts on the required charts you can collect ticks, including putting your milliseconds of arrival.
With server milliseconds maybe there will be a solution in the terminal. but probably much later.

And the third item is not related to S#/MQL5 language. This point is also missing.
Essentially we have S# and MQL5 parity.

And to pass to the analysis of concrete platforms in the third item is an analysis of platforms and their infrastructures.
You are probably not competent here, you are not possessing all the information about the servers and terminals of all these platforms.
There is no point in asking you to write about the advantages of any of them.

Unfortunately, you are far from the practice of serious algo-trading, so you lack understanding of many things. Perhaps someone else will be able to convey to you what he has written about.

But I'll confine myself to a small example, where the latency of one second(datetime type) imposes serious trading restrictions:

There is no way to know the latency and duration of ticks in order to set up the TS on an adequate history - in time to execute.

P.S. To be fair, it has to be said that S# (like MT5) in its current form is not able to fully work with decentralized markets (FOREX).

I don't know if I should upset you or not, but the situation in forex with ticks is that for every account any bank gives different quotes, spreads, swaps, etc. Depending on how much dough you give them in your account.
And trying to analyse their ticks is just non-sense. It makes no sense.
I can't understand what can be found in the illusion. and I don't understand why you grasp at it. you can't convince the MCs that the illusion of ticks is sacred and they should pass it on to you in the terminal. If such a time comes, it certainly won't come from forex. And perhaps from the introduction of real promotions into the platform.

In markets other than forex - you may find the truth and the identity of everything with everyone, but you are not taking into account the reality.
That brokers also need to make money - either on spread or commission. And this imposes its own changes in the quoting process at a given broker. So also on your millisecond history.

In general, ticks are a bummer. you can't build real strategies on illusion.