time in the terminal at the championships - page 8

to Urain:

I know the exact time of the US President's inauguration. i have a hypothesis how the USD will behave on that day (based on previous observations). i want to understand for myself, not for a tester, whether i can do it at the Championship, like i did in real life. besides, i got used to close deals at 10 am ukrainian time. i hope i cannot judge a person who just wants to transfer his trading to an automated system (at least partially) and see how it will trade without human involvement.

You've written a lot. Let's summarise, shall we?

In the tester on the contest account that we are using GMT (since we are still guided by GMT) equals TimeCurrent() - 2. In winter, after October 28, it will be equal to TimeCurrent() -1. Right?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

DMXX:

In the tester on the contest account that we are using GMT (since we are still guided by GMT) equals TimeCurrent() - 2. In winter, after October 28, it will be equal to TimeCurrent() -1. Is this correct?

Yes, that's right, I will base my calculation on that.

DMXX:

In the tester on the contest account that we are using GMT (since we are still guided by GMT) equals TimeCurrent() - 2. In winter, after October 28, it will be equal to TimeCurrent() -1. Is it correct?

Yes, it is correct.

maryan.dirtyn:
Yes, that's right, I'll be counting on it. It's a pity that no clear answer was received from the organisers

The answer was given on the second page after all:

GMT+1 timezone
With Daylight Saving Time support.

autoforex:

Nah, I haven't seen that before.

Quotes that come into the terminal in real time are marked with a certain time and are shown at that time. This time is also included in the history. If you run the tester on these quotes, the time will be shown in the tester. I haven't seen any other.

When the quotes history is collected from different chunks, you can make a mistake and some quotes will be shown with one time and other with another.

What I want to clarify. Suppose the time of trade server is GMT+2. Suppose that a tick is received at03:00:01 (03.00.01). This tick is marked as follows: year.month.day.03.00.01 (GMT+2). Right? And the time of this tick is01.00.01 according to GMT+0. Correct? According to your version, this tick enters the history marked03.00.01 ("it is shown with this time, it enters the history with this time").

Further. During testing the server time is equal to GMT+0. It would be desirable for our tick, marked03.00.01 GMT+2, to pop up in the tester at a proper time, namely:01.From what you just said, I understood that this tick did not pop up at01.00.01 GMT+0 (as we intended), but at03.00.01 GMT+0 (because it is marked "3 o'clock"). Have I correctly understood the results of your observations?

Yedelkin:

Here's what I want to clarify. Suppose the time of the trading server is GMT+2. Suppose that a tick is received at03 hours 00 minutes 01 seconds (03.00.01). This tick is marked as follows: year.month.day.03.00.01 (GMT+2). Right? And the time of this tick is01.00.01 according to GMT+0. Correct? According to your version, this tick enters the history marked03.00.01 ("it is shown with this time, it enters the history with this time").

Further. During testing the server time is equal to GMT+0. It would be desirable for our tick, marked03.00.01 GMT+2, to pop up in the tester at a proper time, namely:01.From what you just said, I understood that this tick did not pop up at01.00.01 GMT+0 (as we intended), but at03.00.01 GMT+0 (because it is marked "3 o'clock"). Did I understand your observations correctly?

First part - I agree, I think it should be, it is.

Second part - I disagree: in testing the server time is not GMT+0 !!! In testing, the time will be taken from the quotes themselves, i.e. as the tick is marked (year.month.day.03.00.01 GMT+2) and will be such a time. It is easy to check - look for the last online bar in the tester mode as follows:

Print("GMT=",TimeGMT());
Print("Current=",TimeCurrent());
Print("Ofset=",TimeGMTOffset());
Print("Local=",TimeLocal());

We will get the same time - the time with which the bar came to the terminal and got into the history.

autoforex: Second part - I disagree: in testing the server time is not GMT+0!!!

Wait, but you yourself wrote a little earlier that

Autoforex : Tried to use on historical data functions to determine the time:
Print("GMT=",TimeGMT());
Print("Current=",TimeCurrent());
Print("Ofset=",TimeGMTOffset());
Print("Local=",TimeLocal());

All show the same time = TimeCurrent(); Ofset=0;

What does it mean that "all show the same time"? - It means that for the testerTimeCurrent()==TimeGMT():) And it means that in testing the server time is GMT+0:)

Yedelkin:

Wait, but you yourself wrote earlier that

What does it mean that "all show the same time"? - It means that for the testerTimeCurrent()==TimeGMT():) And it means that in testing the server time is GMT+0:)

:))) A candlestick came to us online at 22.00 GMT+2. I.e. if we obtain in the real trade for this bar:

TimeCurrent()=22.00

TimeGMT()=20.00

Now, when we launch the tester and on the same candle we will receive the time:

TimeCurrent()=22.00

TimeGMT()=22.00

Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeGMT
Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeGMT
  • www.mql5.com
Дата и время / TimeGMT - Документация по MQL5

The point is that, according to the help, the main time is TimeCurrent() the one that comes with the quotes. Everything else is calculated based on this time and local computer time.