time in the terminal at the championships - page 5

sergeev:

Yedelkin:
Please show how exactly "two lines of code" answer the question posed earlier, namely whether Daylight Saving Time is used for the time zone to which the server's trading time (quote time) refers?

TimeTradeServer

The answer seems wrong to me, unfortunately. The function does not give an indication of the use of daylight saving time for the time zone to which the server's trading time(quote time) refers. In other words, even if the server is referenced to GMT+1 time zone, the TimeTradeServer function cannot determine whether the server will switch to GMT+2 in the spring. In the fall, it will switch back accordingly.

In summer, this function also does not answer the question if the server uses "summer" time for quotes.

Yedelkin:

The answer seems wrong to me, unfortunately. The function does not give an indication of the use of daylight saving time for the time zone to which the server's trading time(quote time) refers. In other words, even if the server is referenced to GMT+1 time zone, the TimeTradeServer function cannot determine whether the server will switch to GMT+2 in the spring. In the fall, it will switch back accordingly.

In summer, this function also does not answer the question if the server uses "summer" time for processing the quotes.

You don't need the server time.

If trading is time-based because of the global price cycle, then I would trade strictly by GMT and not fidget.

Server time is just an unnecessary confusing factor for the brain (and the program!).

Dear interlocutors.

You are missing the heart of the matter here is my quote:

Here's a comparison of Alpari and Metaquotes server quotes:

match -> 02.05.2011 -> shift -> 31.10.2011 -> match -> 07.11.2011 -> shift

Up to 2.05.2011 the quotes fully matched (since 2005 at least). Then a shift is observed on 31.10.2011, again switching to a full match of quotes up to 07.11.2011, there again a shift by one hour, and up to the present time.

These "metamorphoses" cannot be explained in any way!!!! If a dealer says that the time of EET quotations is with daylight saving time, it means that the time of GMT+2 quotations is from the last Sunday of October to the last Sunday of March. All other times are GMT+3 (daylight saving time). And I don't need to check anything in the code - it is taken as an axiom! I always know what time the quotes are. In this case there is no logical explanation for such shifts. It's an error in the history of quotes! Perhaps it has already been discussed, but I have missed this point, but it is important that in the future it will be as it should be.

If the universality of EAs is important to you, that is, you want your EA to work correctly no matter what time periods are at certain quotes, then I think that all the tools are available in MQL5 (I haven't tested them myself, but I believe the developer).

I don't care about this universality. Since my EA was optimized and developed on Alpari quotes, I need to know how the quotes of the Championship server will behave compared to Alpari's ones in order to adjust EA's parameters accordingly! I need some certainty!!! My EA's performance depends on it.

Stringo replied that the time on the server will be GMT+1 with a change to winter time. This time is called CET and it is now GMT+2 (with the summer shift), October 28, 2012 will be switched to standard time (winter time) and the time will be CET=GMT+1. It is important for me to get a confirmation of my thoughts from the Championship organisers! The phrase - "Yes, it will be" is enough.

Thank you.

Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeDaylightSavings
Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeDaylightSavings
  • www.mql5.com
Дата и время / TimeDaylightSavings - Документация по MQL5

autoforex:

Dear interlocutors. You are missing the heart of the matter...

No one is missing anything. It often happens on this forum that a single question raises a bunch of others. And the essence of the first question remains relevant only to the author. You can see that yourself.

autoforex:

Stringo replied that the time on the server will be GMT+1 with the transition to winter time.

That wasn't Stringo (to the point of being attentive when following the thread), but that's trivial. Your last questions are addressed directly to the organizers, so the rest of the interlocutors kind of have nothing to do in the "heart of the matter" discussion. Of course, everyone wishes good luck in getting the right answer in the right form.

I would like to thank you for your obstinacy in moving the topic forward! Many people after one or two unanswered queries simply give up on their raised topic :)

and yet... should the 28 October time amendment be laid down?

maryan.dirtyn:

and yet... should the 28 October time amendment be laid down?

Well, it depends on the logic of the trading strategy. For example, my strategy is based on GMT, that's why I have to correct it anyway :). If I traded only in relation to CET time zone I wouldn't bother, as described above.

position opens at 9am and closes at 10pm.

MqlDateTime time;
TimeCurrent(time);
if(DayClose && time.hour>=22){CLOSEALL(SY[i]); return;} 

signals are blocked on some news.

MqlDateTime time;
TimeCurrent(time);
if(time.mon==10 && time.day==4  && time.hour==14 && (time.min>15 && time.min<45)) News=true;

here is the logic.

after october 28 we have to add an hour?

autoforex:
Thus the championship server quotes will be shifted by 1 hour from Alpari quotes throughout the championship (as they use EET time = GMT+2 and have daylight saving time).

I ask the organizers to confirm the correctness of my conclusions!!!

Guarantees only in sberbank. You can also ask for an estimated trend direction and a guarantee that it will not change during the Championship.

maryan.dirtyn:

the position opens at 9am, closes at 10pm. on some news, signals are blocked. that's the logic. after october 28, you have to add an hour?

Your trading strategy logic is tied to server time (trading server time). Since it was recently announced that for the championship it will be used

MetaQuotes:

GMT+1 timezone
With Daylight Saving Time support.

I personally wouldn't bother taking into account the time correction, and wouldn't add or subtract anything "after the 28th". But I would have to assume three kinds of risk:

- The risk that in fact the quotes would come in with a time that did not correspond to the GMT+1 timezone;

- the risk that the time quoted would not in fact support Daylight Saving Time;

- the risk that the switch back to winter time will not be implemented for the time quoted is October 28.

The risks are, of course, minimal, but it is advisable to consider them. Avoiding these risks is possible by linking to GMT:

MqlDateTime time;
TimeGMT(time);
//Плюс поправка на летнее время, если торговая деятельность завязана на таймзону с наличием летнего времени

Rosh:
Guarantees only at sberbank. Ask for an estimated trend direction and a guarantee that it will not change during the championship.

I don't know what caused such "sarcasm" about my questions, but there is zero useful information in your answer!