Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 18

almost 25 cm, imho.

A --> BAB

B --> ABA

ABA ABA --> B

ABA --> A

TheXpert:
almost 25 cm, imho.
Holy crap!)

Mischek:
No way!)
I'm surprised you ignored Manov's answer - it's almost 2 metres there :)

Mathemat:

How many stones in the 2011 urn?

If the brick returned to where it came from, then from the collision it received a reverse momentum equal to the momentum it gave to the ball.
It turns out that the ball returned all the energy to the brick and remained lying there, while the brick flew away.

TheXpert:
I'm surprised you ignored Manov's answer - it's almost 2 metres :)
No, it's not even two metres.

There is no mention of mass in the problem.
Assuming the masses are equal, where does the energy for the return of the korpik and the lifting of the ball come from?

Contender:
Let's say the masses are equal, where does the energy to return the brick and lift the ball come from?

The energy comes from 'almost'.

The ball in this case is much lighter than a brick, because the word almost in Russian is usually interpreted as "quite a bit". :)

Contender:
Let's assume the masses are equal............
The assumption is clearly wrong.

MetaDriver:

That's not my reasoning.

Let's consider the ball at the moment of greatest compression (when the brick passes its balance point after landing on the ball).

At this point, the ball pushes off the ground and the brick with equal force.

In weightlessness, it would push them off with equal force in different directions, and itself would continue to stay strictly between them in subsequent moments (while they fly off in different directions).

So my answer is "almost 50".

The ground has a lot more mass, is stationary, so all the momentum from the ground is returned to the ball.

The spring straightens after compression more than its original length (by inertia). But here there is still a brick on the spring. The energy is completely transferred to the ball and is proportional to the mass of the brick. The brick is pulled down also in proportion to the mass of the brick.

Therefore, I got "almost 0 cm". Maybe I didn't take something into account.