Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 134

Mischek: So he knows something's going to happen to mm in the near future.

I can't even think of a 50 yet, but I'm sensing we need to be more cunning here.

What's gonna happen to the MM? His brain fails? That's unbelievable.

Mathemat:

I haven't even thought of 50 yet, but I have a feeling we'll have to be more cunning here.

What can happen to MM? Will his brain malfunction? This is unbelievable.

Worse.

Mathemat will call me and make me take part in the next problem, where MM will be tortured, drowned, shot again...

Mischek: will force, as always, to take part in the next challenge, where MM will again be tortured, drowned, shot...
There's one on the way. I'll show you soon.

Mathemat:

I haven't figured it out even for 50 yet, but I have a feeling we'll have to be more cunning here.

What's going to happen to the MM? Thinking will fail? That's unbelievable.

For 50 I think a solution has already been posted here

Or do you fundamentally want to solve it completely on your own?

When will you solve the problem of the 100 square kilometre forest?

DmitriyN:
When will you solve the 100 square kilometre forest problem?
See page 128

muallch:
See page 128.
Well, Alexei didn't say anything, which is the right answer, circle or spiral, I never understood.

Of course, the circle.

ilunga:

50 seems to have already been posted here.

Or do you fundamentally want to solve it completely on your own?

I see the solution, yes. Iterations. I've come to the same thing myself, little by little.

I just want to find a common approach.

With Contender's approach, you can't gain more than 50 meters, there's a geom. progression. You need something else.

TheXpert:
A twisted puck will not move in a straight line. The problem is both incomprehensible and (imho) incorrect.

The task is quite correct. It doesn't matter how it moves. What matters is the distance travelled.

Ice does not melt because it is asphalt. The friction is normal rough, i.e. it only depends on the support reaction (here - weight).

The problem has not yet been checked (probably thinking that I have posted something terribly complicated). But no, there's nothing there beyond a schoolboy's knowledge of mechanics.

And I remind you of another one:

(4) Find the smallest number from the set of all those natural numbers which cannot be defined by less than sixteen words.

2 ilunga: please don't prompt if you know.