Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 130

Mathemat:
It's not an easy task, though (catching the occupant)...

She was there for the tournament, it was more fun.)

P.S. I got it right.

MM is guaranteed to catch the occupier at corridor lengths <= 20m

MM is guaranteed to catch the occupier when the corridors are <= 30m long

GaryKa:
MM is guaranteed to catch the invader when the corridors are <= 30m long
something quite small =)

ilunga: not much =)
I have another option at <= 40, no more than that. The invader is very smart as hell, has the gift of foresight and always chooses the corridor where MM will not go.

GaryKa:
I have another option at <= 40, no more than that. The occupier is damn smart, has the gift of foresight and always chooses the corridor where MM will not go.

I know the occupier is clever)

But you can do better =)

P.S. After the tournament, all who "wanted" to know the correct answer. And for him to look for a strategy a bit easier than looking for new meters every time).

MM is guaranteed to catch the occupier at corridor lengths <= 50m

Contender:
MM is guaranteed to catch the invader when corridors are <= 50m long

Already something =)

write a strategy for the rest of us.

But you can do better.

Mathemat:

(5) Megabrain is chasing a dastardly criminal Occupier who is trying to hide in the basement of his house. The basement is 3 narrow straight corridors of equal length, diverging propeller-like from a small room and ending in a dead end. The basement is dark and Megamozg can only discern the culprit from a distance of no more than 10 metres. Megamuzg's speed is twice the speed of the Occupant. At what maximum corridor length can Megamozg be guaranteed to catch the culprit (no proof of optimality required)?

I'm getting infinite...

TheXpert:
I have infinity...
Maybe I didn't get the task right