Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 121

Mathemat:

My second choice was M roses, N tulips, K daisies (all numbers at least 1). And "all but two" I applied not to instances of flowers, but to types. The answer didn't go through.

Too messed up for a 1-point problem. There will be a full solution soon :) and even more

Mathemat:

Of course, no one believes it until they see the solution. By the way, there is a similar problem, which for some reason has more weight:

(4) The sneaky invaders didn't like the fact that they killed very few people in the village of megabrains, so they decided to complicate the task. They again put the megamogs in a column behind each other so that each successive one could see all the previous ones. But this time they took hoods of seven colours (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, blue, purple) and put them on the megamogs so that each megamog can't see his own hood. Starting with the very last one (the one who sees everyone but himself), each megabrain is asked the colour of his cap in turn. If he is wrong, he is killed. But as always, the megabrains agree in advance on how to minimise the number of people killed. What did the megabrains agree on?

Amazingly, the answer is pretty much the same. Everyone escapes except the back guy, who has only one chance in seven.

MetaDriver:
Amazingly, the answer is almost the same. Everyone is saved except the back, which has only one chance in seven.
So it's all right then :)

MetaDriver: Amazingly, the answer is almost the same. Everyone is saved except the back one, which has only one chance in seven.

Well, yes, the general approach is the same.

So, does anyone want to finish the balloon challenge? Reminder:

(4) There are two blue, two red and two green balls. In each colour, one of the balls is heavier than the other. All the lighter balls have the same weight, all the heavier ones have the same weight. There are also scales with two cups without weights. How many weighings are minimally necessary to guarantee the determination of the heavy balls?

Then put out the seven flowers, flower cheats.

Mischek: Well, then, let's hear about the seven flowers, flower cheaters.
Have you solved it with two? By the way, it's also about flowers - and it's sadistic too...

Mathemat:

(4) There are 2 blue, 2 red and 2 green balloons. In each colour, one of the balls is heavier than the other. All the lighter balls have the same weight and all the heavier ones have the same weight. There are also scales with two cups without weights. How many weighings are minimally necessary to guarantee the identification of the heavy balls?

I think we can get it down to two. Let me double-check.

Yeah, that's right. Two weighings is enough.

Mathemat:
Have you solved it with two? By the way, it's also about flowers - and it's sadistic too...
No, but why do I have to ask twice, let's go straight to seven.

MetaDriver:
Spit it out.

MD, spill. I can already. I'm talking about the seven-coloured hubcaps problem.

We can wait on the weighing problem for now.