Discussing conflicts between programmers and customers. A discussion of ambiguous situations between the programmer and the client, and a rating of the most conflicted programmer performers. - page 2

Bormotun:
For experience, forewarned is forearmed.
Are you going to war? Why don't we start with your story?

Bormotun:
You're against the publicity of this side of communication, I wonder why?

Any chicanery on the part of the programmer destroys his reputation THEN

- Tzila, don't come to us anymore.

- Why all of a sudden?

- The silver forks went missing after you left.

- But I didn't take your forks!!!

- Yeah, we know, we found the forks on the second day, but there's still a bit of a problem.

IvanIvanov:
Are you going to fight? Can we still start with your story?

Do you think that telling your story and sharing your experiences is war?

To warn, and therefore arm people who have little experience in dealing with programmers, are you going to wage war with them?

So far, I have not seen any interest from customers. My story is long and is not over yet, I will wait for the final decision of the arbitration, and there is not much time to write, I will probably lay out in parts.

Eugene (if Skype is not cheating), there is always a client-customer problem. And not only in programming.

I think you have seen that the same topics are often raised on this forum, asking to find out who is right and who is wrong.

But let's be honest. What do the parties really need? The answer seems obvious to me:
For the customer:
1. A not stupid and patient performer who will understand the thoughts of the customer, not a techie like himself.
2. The completed task is exactly with these thoughts, even if not as clearly stated in the terms of reference.
3. And it is desirable the further availability of the performer in case of new edits and thoughts of code modification.

What the implementer needs:
1. A person who is not stupid and patient and who will try to understand his task.
2. A clear task set out in the text and explained in detail using Occam's razor.
The customer will not be stingy in case of rework.

With hand on heart, tell me in what point there was a failure in your order?
At what point in the process did you start to feel that the order wasn't working and couldn't be completed successfully?

Bormotun:

Do you think that telling your story and sharing your experiences is war?

Tattling is bad. And arbitration is doing just fine. This topic is dead.

We have the idea of opening up part of the work service statistics, including arbitration.

Quite a lot of work has already gone through arbitration and we are interested in educating all parties to reduce the volume of claims.

Although the ordering procedure is already quite detailed, we will add a few explicit items to fill in:
- Requirement of sources
- indication of account type and preferred broker
- indication of the work direction (testing of an idea, terms of reference in general, implementation of a clear idea, etc.)

This will improve the understanding of the parties and make arbitration a bit easier.

Renat:
This would improve understanding of the parties and make arbitration a little easier.

To facilitate arbitration, a fee (50% of the contract amount) should be charged for participation in arbitration situations - regardless of the outcome of the dispute.

Also allow the developer to unblock the contract amount and terminate the agreement in favour of the client without involving arbitration. That would reduce 40% of arbitration disputes.

Yes, the idea of the contractor being able to break up with a full refund to the customer is a good one.

We will implement it.

abolk:

In order to facilitate arbitration, a fee (50% of the contract amount) should be charged for each party to participate in arbitration - regardless of the outcome of the dispute.

Hello. You have fulfilled the terms of reference on time and 100% perfect . But the customer sues you in arbitration. And "regardless of the outcome of the dispute," you will be charged half the price of the order?

There are no fines planned for appealing to arbitration.