Time to convert libraries to MQL5 - page 2

No, not all trading is based on the NS. So, we will get not a universal trading platform, but... Trading Solutions. Of course, it's quite a decent package, but it's too specialized.

You need general mathematical bibles - linear algebra, analysis, diphires (all kinds, not just ordinary ones), optimisation methods (not just GA, it's a drop in the ocean), thermostat/matstat - and a lot more.

I'm not writing this article because I know what exactly you need. And I'm writing this because there are not only neural network traders among traders, and skewing towards solely NS is fundamentally unacceptable.

Renat:
The main focus is on native libraries in MQL5 without the need for DLLs.

We are working very hard on compiler performance and will bring it closer to C++ compiler performance. This means that there will be a serious reduction in the need for DLLs.

In addition, it is likely that the next build of the editor will have native support for compiling C/C++ DLL code. So, it will be possible to compile simple DLLs directly from the meta-editor. If you have Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 locally, a local compiler will be used, otherwise our online compilation service will be used.

This will allow you to share source dlls and easily compile them on your own. Which will give more control over security.
Renat, it turns out that you wrote a parser that translates mql5 code into c++ substituting calls and so on.
And then it is compiled as usual C/C++ code into dll-code, encrypted and ex5 is obtained?

So, this is just for self-development:)
I am interested in the basic strategy of MQL5 creation.

By the way, the compilation may be done through the use of some gcc, for example.

Compilation in dll, no conversion to mql5.

It seems to me that if the need arises, then libraries that have been in place for years and have been developed by open source and similar libraries should be used as they exist. They should not be rewritten.

Developers modify their libraries, extend them, catch bugs. That is, they maintain their child and bear some responsibility for it. In case these libraries will be rewritten to mql5, who will be responsible for tracking the new builds and other maintenance? Most likely, it is a completely unnecessary work.

For example, if you need OpenOffice, you won't rewrite it on mql5, but just start using it immediately, although the sources are available. In this case it will save time and you won't make mistakes during translation.

I think you should start developing a dll only if it is an original development. Porting other people's libraries is not worthwhile.

It would probably be more logical to provide a guaranteed reference from mql to already existing libraries(dll). In this case, the developers of mql can easily make a layer providing functions call and parameters transfer to fortran, gcc,visualc dll, using the appropriate pragma when declaring the library.

But this is only my subjective opinion.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Передача параметров
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Передача параметров
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Функции / Передача параметров - Документация по MQL5

Renat: Compilation to dll, no conversion to mql5.

explain again what's going on :)

It seems that even now any user can add .dll to mql5 by himself, but what will happen now? Will there be a standard .dll package for mql5 from developers that could be used, for example, at the championship 2012?

It's strange to hear about "guaranteed access to the DLL", when it has been working perfectly in MQL4 and MQL5 for 7 years.

Native libraries, in the form of the source code in MQL5, are necessary for those who write programs for sale. For the successful selling, it is crucially important to get rid of DLL to guarantee the full safety of the code.

Just ask yourself the question "how to sell your ex5 to 100,000 traders", and it becomes clear that DLLs are out of the question.

About compiling c++ code, I recommend reading my original post again. It clearly describes what will work and how it will work.

IgorM:

explain again what's going on :)

fleshing out the meat is going on. The library for MT4 is huge and is not limited to mql4.com.

In comparison MT5 loses a lot now. Not only that, if you write something original and useful, it is likely to contribute a lot to user migration.

It seems that even now any user can add a .dll to mql5.

It can, but it's not necessarily easy.

I understand the intention is to take the required libs, port where possible, wrap the rest and provide it in a form that is ready for normal use.

Renat, please explain "on your fingers" for those who are particularly clueless like me.

If I have a C++ DLL project for Visual Studio, can I use your idea to compile it in the meta editor into ex5?

Can I connect it further to my MQL5 project as a library?

avoitenko:

Renat, please explain on your fingers.

If I have a DLL project for Visual Studio, can I use your idea to compile it into ex5 in MetaEditor?

And then it can be attached to my MQL5 project as a library?

Can't you people read?

It's clearly written, how much clearer could it be?

In addition, the next build of the editor is likely to contain native support for compilation of C/C++ DLL code. That is, you may compile simple DLL directly from the meta-editor. If you have Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 locally, a local compiler will be used, otherwise our online compilation service will be used.

Where does it say to compile dll to ex5 ???

the DLL will be compiled