Time to convert libraries to MQL5 - page 7

victorg:

Sorry, really confused with the promised ability to compile C/C++ code into a dll directly from the metaeditor.

But for me it's still not clear, why to port it, when it (library) is already ready to use as a DLL? It turns out - I bought a book in a shop and before reading it, first transcribed it into a notebook.

I must have got something wrong again. I won't write any more.

Yes, you got it wrong again.

The problem is the inability to read and perceive clearly marked explanations, which have been repeated several times in this thread. It's getting scary for people in general.

It is no secret that algo-trading very often relies on complex statistical calculations. So why not integrate a good statistical software package, preferably OpenSource, into MT5? For example, Project R could be such a statistical package. Hundreds of tested, transparent opensource libraries are already written, and if you allow to integrate them into MT5 it would be a great solution.

Renat:

The ALGLIB library is already being ported to MQL5 and will be available in source code.

It's written in the code of this library that it's free - free for noncommercial use only. Apparently, you signed a special agreement with the author to pay for his work for the benefit of MQ.

papaklass:

I think all these rewrites, are copyright related.

Unfortunately, you don't read the direct text either.

Source code libraries are needed because:

1. there is no place for DLLs in the mass market (this has been said a hundred times)
  2. allows you to use complex functionality in your code directly, generating a final EX5 file that you can distribute and sell
  3. allows programmers and traders to look at the source implementation of the functionality in person, which increases awareness and learning
  4. at the expense of increased source code allows faster training and promotion of technology

-Alexey-:
In the codes of this library it is written that it is free - free for non-commercial use only. Apparently, you have a special agreement with the author to pay him for his work for the benefit of MQ.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a com. version as well :-)

MetaQuotes - well done!

C-4:
It is no secret that algo-trading very often relies on complex statistical calculations. So why not integrate a good statistical software package, preferably OpenSource, into MT5? For example, Project R could be such a statistical package. There are hundreds of tested and transparent open source libraries already written, and if the possibility to easily integrate them into MT5 it will be a great solution.
Isn't there something in ALGLIB that is in R?

Urain:
Doesn't ALGLIB do what R does?

I just wasn't aware of the existence of the ALGLIB project. I don't know about the project ALGLIB, but I'm sure it's the best one for integration with MT5.

P.S. However it's troubling that for the last year there were no updates of the project. Anyway, if MQ decides to support the project, it will be an enormous boost for the project itself as hundreds of thousands of new users will start using it automatically.

C-4:
I was not aware of ALGLIB project. I'm not sure how to integrate the project into MT5 but I'm sure it will be much better suited for MT5 integration than R.

I understand that the integration itself will probably be handled by the author of the Bible (a thought from the ceiling).

I don't know what to do with ALGLIB and I've seen that it's not so well represented as neuronics, FANN is good for it.

What else is needed, who can see what?

Urain:
I understand that the integration itself will probably be handled by the biblical author (a thought from the ceiling).
This is something we do ourselves.

Urain:
I understand that the integration itself will probably be handled by the author of the Bible (a thought from the ceiling).
If the bible is worthwhile, wouldn't it be easier to buy the company? So to speak, to swallow it for the benefit of the future of light trading.