Colour of the standard indicator - page 6

Yedelkin!

1. You are absolutely right.

2. Why do I need IndicatorCreate() at all if it duplicates iMA()?

Mikhail

Mikalas:

2. Why do we need IndicatorCreate() function if it duplicates iMA()?

Article Ways to call indicators in MQL5

Rosh!

I have 8 indicators on my chart and ALL are red.

When testing the EA everything "merges", I have to

I have to pause and look at which line belongs to which one - kills a LOT of time!

That's what the hedge was built for.

P.S Whoever wrote IndicatorCreate() probably meant me,

but for some reason did not complete implementation of it. Made a TODO: but didn't come back....

Michael

stringo:

We will consider passing colours (multiple colours as well as styles and thicknesses) when creating standard indicators.

Why? It makes much more sense to allow you to change the display parameters in the renderer.

And the problem is solved now through a template or indicator-wrapper.

Mikalas:

Rosh!

Mikhail

Offtop, when you click on reply you get a quote of the post you reply to immediately in the editor window, and you can not sign the comment, your username is at the top of each post. There's also a functionality button to insert code, images, videos and other stuff.

Welcome to the MQL.community

MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы недавно зарегистрировались и у вас возникли вопросы: Как вставить картинку в сообщение на форуме, как красиво оформить исходный код MQL5, где находятся ваши Личные сообщения? В этой статье мы подготовили для вас несколько практических советов, которые помогут быстрее освоиться на сайте MQL5.community и позволят в полной мере воспользоваться доступными функциональными возможностями.

stringo:

We will consider the possibility of passing colours (multiple colours as well as styles and thicknesses) when creating standard indicators.

imho when creating an indicator, colour is categorically) not needed, colour selection is desirable for ChartIndicatorAdd function.
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
  • www.mql5.com
Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd - Документация по MQL5

Urain:

Offtop, when you click the reply button, you'll get a quote of the post you're replying to immediately in the editor window, and you don't have to sign the comment, your username is at the top of each post. There's also a functionality button to insert code, images, videos and other stuff.

Welcome to MQL.community.

Thank you.

Swan:
imho when creating an indicator, colour is categorically not needed, colour selection is desirable for ChartIndicatorAdd function.
It will also make life much easier in the test visualiser.

We talked four years ago, but nothing was ever done... :(

prostotrader:

We talked four years ago, but nothing was ever done... :(

Perhaps MQ has higher priorities.
As far as I understood, having dived into the subject, there is a way to call the "indicator wrapper" or use the "template"
The addition of the indicator colour parameter to the ChartIndicatorAdd function may be useful only for the creation of a nice interface or for facilitating its visualization during testing, but it can be solved with the current means.
One way or another, the problem is solved.