Colour of the standard indicator - page 5

Mikalas:

The indicator is created with a colour parameter.

Once again.

The iMA indicator has 6 input parameters. Of these, the first 2 - symbol and period. That leaves us with 4 parameters. Among these 4 parameters there is no colour parameter. The fifth parameter will be ignored when creating the indicator, because it is simply not provided.

If you want to create an indicator with colour, you should take Custom Moving Average as a basis and use it as you see fit. If you can't do it yourself, order it to work.

let's wait to see what tech support responds....

Here is the answer.

Support Team2012.04.11 12:42

Unfortunately, you cannot change the colour of the indicator in this case.

ChartIndicatorAdd is a very specific function. In normal cases, the indicator is added to a chart either manually or by applying a template.

There is not a single word that I am wrong!

Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
  • www.mql5.com
Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd - Документация по MQL5

Mikalas:

Here is the answer.

Support Team2012.04.11 12:42

Unfortunately, you cannot change the colour of the indicator in this case.

ChartIndicatorAdd is a very specific function. In normal cases, the indicator is added to a chart either manually or by applying a template.

There is not a single word that I am wrong!

No one says that you are wrong in your wishes. You are wrong about the documentation. I have referred you to the documentation several times trying to tell you that it is impossible to pass colour into the indicator.

We will consider the possibility of transferring colour (multiple colours as well as styles and thicknesses) when creating standard indicators.

stringo!

I have read the documentation VERY carefully.

And looked VERY carefully at the source code.

And I've looked VERY carefully at Moving Average and Custom Moving Average.

If I hadn't read it, I wouldn't have been able to answer your question: "why the hell not?"

Michael

Mikalas:

stringo!

I have read the documentation VERY carefully.

And looked VERY carefully at the source code.

And I've looked VERY carefully at Moving Average and Custom Moving Average.

If I hadn't read it, I wouldn't have been able to answer your question: "why the hell not?"

Michael

That is, from now on you should consider that you are never mistaken, because you always do everything very, very carefully. And phrases like, "Only those who make no mistakes aren't" and "The road to success is a series of trials and errors" has nothing to do with you. Right? :)

stringo, on the outcome of the topic.

Maybe, in the description ofthe IndicatorCreate() function, instead of the phrase

"Массив типа MqlParam, элементы которого содержат тип и значение каждого входного параметра технического  индикатора" 

specify: "An array of MqlParam type, the elements of which contain type and value of each input variable of a technical indicator" with the reference to the section input variables ?

This phrase will more accurately reflect the idea of using an array of MqlParam type, and eliminate the ground for ambiguous reading (practice shows that the "input parameters" can mean all the parameters of the indicator properties window).

Good afternoon, tol64!

I'd like very much to reply to you in the same way, but I'll hold back.

Michael

I don't think it's necessary to go around writing "Coffee's hot" for every such occasion. It would have been worth it in this case.

Rosh:

I don't think it's necessary to go around writing "Coffee's hot" for every such occasion. It would be a good idea to make a big deal out of it in this case.
I was just making a suggestion, based on the subject.