Colour of the standard indicator - page 3

>Servicedesk is a help.

Can you tell me the address of Service Desk?

Mikalas:

Also... What do you do for a living?

Congratulations. You made it.

Mikalas:

>Service Desk is a help.

Can you tell me the address of Service Desk?

Go to your profile. There's a section underneath.

Thank you.

Mikalas:

params[4].type = TYPE_COLOR;

params[4].integer_value = clrBlue; // - blue colour 0x00FF0000 (16711680)

stringo, I answered your question "why on earth"?

Once again, it's a shame the developers didn't do a colour change.

Second question, what makes you think that you can set the colour when you create an indicator?

You create an indicator from an Expert Advisor to take its values. But not the colour. In addition, look at what parameters takes the iMA indicator The same parameters are used in the IndicatorCreate call. There is no input parameter "colour" there

If you want to specify the colour through parameters, write a corresponding custom indicator that accepts the "colour" parameter

Dear stringo!

>Second question, what makes you think that you can set the colour when creating an indicator?

Carefully read my topic, written specifically for you on the 1st page (Mikalas2012, 082012).

especially for you on the 1st page(Mikalas2012.04.11 02:082012.04.11 02:08:14).

The iMA() function is not the same as CreateIndicator()!!!!!!

What do you think: Why would developers DOUBLE a function?

Michael

Mikalas:

Dear stingo!

>Second question, what makes you think you can set the colour when creating an indicator?

READ CAREFULLY my topic, written specifically for you (Mikalas2012 02:082012, 11:082012, 11:082012).

especially for you(Mikalas2012.04.11 02:082012.04.11 02:08:14).

IMA() function is not the same as CreateIndicator()!!!!!!

Mikhail

The CreateIndicator() function is an analogue of the iCustom function or other iIndicator functions, the only difference being that besides calling the indicator calculation,

it also causes displaying of the indicator on the chart. But the input fields are the same,

If there is no colour setting in the indicator code through the input parameter, you won't be able to set it and the default colour will be used.

Maybe you mean that it's not convenient (it's a question for discussion), but it is.

stringo:

Second question, what makes you think you can set the colour when you create an indicator?

You create an indicator from an EA to take its values. But not the colour. In addition, look at what parameters takes the iMA indicator The same parameters are used in IndicatorCreate call. There is no input parameter "colour".

If you want to specify the colour through parameters, write a corresponding custom indicator that accepts the "colour" parameter

The IndicatorCeate function is made specially for its universality. In fact, all indicators, including the iMA, eventually use this very function.

But since there are no parameters other than those described in the help of the corresponding indicator when creating the indicator, the additional parameters, including the colour values, are useless to pass

1. Where does the Moving Average code file lie?

2. Can you "manually" change the colour of the indicator when adding it to a chart?

Mikalas:

1. Where does the Moving Average code file lie?

2. Can you "manually" change the colour of the indicator when adding it to a chart?

MQL5\Indicators\Examples\Custom Moving Average

2. Yes