Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 55

THANK YOU!!!

But ERR_MARKET_SELECT_ERROR
Error of adding or deleting a symbol in MarketWatch - but there's no reason for it, and it doesn't really say anything...

Dimka-novitsek: And here is ERR_MARKET_SELECT_ERROR 4305 Error of adding or deleting symbol in MarketWatch - but here there is no cause and it does not say anything...

That's great! So it was possible to find out that the error occurs at the symbol connection stage.

See also addendum to my previous post.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, when the function is called, only the second argument is configured, and the third is handwritten in the EA settings, and the function has it inside itself in the correct form, which is what the print says.

double MAMA = iMAf( symbb, periodd(TFMA), periodMA, ma_shift, ma_method, applied_price, 0);
They don't match each other at all, including the type of variable, which in the second argument comes int, and comes out ENUM_TIMEFRAMES. They should, anyway, and I'm sure they are - the code is simple!

Dimka-novitsek:

No, when the function is called, only the second argument is configured, and the third is handwritten in the EA settings, and the function has it inside itself in the correct form, which is what the print says.

Once again, in detail: what does the print say?

The second and third arguments are different for sure!

But ma_method 0 isn't a bug?! I'll have a look at the help...

Dimka-novitsek: The second and third arguments are different exactly!
I'm asking: what does the print "say"? The opinion on the arguments I already understand. It remains to back it up with evidence.

The third argument - the smoothing period - is simply 140, and in my opinion this is perfectly normal.

Proof? Let me think about it for a minute.

What's there to think about, the string with the print is already inside the function, and it already shows everything as it is - including the difference of these arguments.

Print ( " iMAfsymbol  ",symbol,"    iMAftimeframe ",timeframe,"  iMAfperiod  ",period," iMAfmama_shift  ",mama_shift ,"  iMAfmama_method ",mama_method,
    "  iMAfapplied_pricece ", applied_pricece,"  iMAfshift ",shift);