Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 400

-Aleks-:
Thank you. Can I get the ID of the last chart created by a user or another script that stopped working?

When a new chart is created, no event occurs, so all open charts must be scanned periodically. We have to use:

ChartFirst

Returns chart ID of the first chart of the client terminal

ChartNext

Returns chart ID of the next chart

Karputov Vladimir:

When a new chart is created, no event occurs, which means that all open charts must be scanned periodically. We have to use:

ChartFirst

Returns chart ID of the first chart of the client terminal

ChartNext

Returns chart ID of the next chart

Got it, thanks.

Another question, how to call iCustom on a new chart previously created using the script?

How do I write a condition to open an RSI order from the 30/70 level ? Will iRSI do? Or will I have to write a function to calculate the indicator value? <br / translate="no">

Leanid Aladzyeu:
Try it :) A lot depends on the strategy as well...

-Aleks-:

Got it, thanks.

And another question, how do I call iCustom on a new chart previously created using the script?

I need to create an indicator handle for the new chart symbol, thenChartIndicatorAdd- add this indicator to the new chart.

The code of the page is 404 )))

Karputov Vladimir:
You need to create an indicator handle for the new chart symbol, thenChartIndicatorAdd- add this indicator to the new chart.
I forgot to tell you - I need to do this on 4 - there is noChartIndicatorAdd

-Aleks-:
I forgot to say - I need to do this on 4 - there is noChartIndicatorAdd
Forgot to answer - switch to MetaTrader 5 :).

Karputov Vladimir:
Forgot to answer - switch to MetaTrader 5 :).
I forgot to ask why an indicator has to be added to the chart to call iCustom() ))

Vitalie Postolache:
I forgot to ask, why do you need to add an indicator to the chart to call iCustom() )

The question was originally asked:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Questions from Beginners

-Aleks-, 2015.08.02 11:09

Got it, thanks.

And another question, how to call iCustom on a new chart previously created using the script?

And I understood it this way: you want to attach a custom indicator to the new chart.