OpenCL: internal implementation tests in MQL5 - page 15

mql5:
Most likely your card can't handle a 512*512 working array, try reducing it to 256*256
Okay. So, all of a sudden, it works. Both 256*256 and 512*512. I must have tampered with something in the script. I took the version from the code base and it worked. Thank you. Now we are waiting for an article, I need some examples to get started with. In the meantime, let's try it out scientifically. :)

I understand that the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent does not support OpenCL or I have misunderstood.

How to use CL_MEM_ALLOC_HOST_PTR flag in CLBufferCreate() function ?

Создает буфер OpenCL и возвращает хендл на него.

int  CLBufferCreate(
   int   context   // хендл на контекст OpenCL
   uint  size      // размер буфера
   uint  flags     // исходный код
   );

flags

[in]  Свойства буфера, задаваемые через комбинацию флагов:  
CL_MEM_READ_WRITE, CL_MEM_WRITE_ONLY, CL_MEM_READ_ONLY, CL_MEM_ALLOC_HOST_PTR.

The OpenCL documentation states that this flag allocates memory on a free part of the host.

Hence the question arises - this flag is of secondary importance. I mean, the other available values of this flag affect properties of the buffer while this flag is only needed by the compiler at the moment of memory allocation. There is a need to use this flag together with others. Or am I missing something?

GKS:
I understand that the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent does not support OpenCL or I have misunderstood.
Yes, OpenCL is not yet available in the tester.

GKS:
I wanted to feel this power on my equipment as soon as possible!!! When will this option be available?

I wanted to experience this power on my equipment as soon as possible!!! When will this option be available?

An inexpensive AMD FirePro V3900 graphics card with OpenCL 1.1 support has appeared. At $120, that's the price of the card, the 480 stream processors are claimed by the advertisers to provide a theoretical performance of 624 giga-flops.

papaklass:

What can you say about such a map?

Cool, what kind of card?

papaklass:
What's so cool about it? It's a mother-integrated card. Got the latest drivers. According to device manager - ATI Radeon HD 4200.

What's cool is that there are three dimensions available in 1024, I only have two, and the third is 64.

+ frequency 2812, I have 1400, that's actually what's cool.

papaklass:
What's so cool about it? It's a card integrated into the mother. Got the latest drivers. The device manager says it's an ATI Radeon HD 4200.

I too have less characteristics, although the implementation is hardwired.

Now that you've posted the screenshot, who has any thoughts on the hardware?

papaklass:

And the script from page 1 is not pulling. It's writing an error like this:

2012.02.11 03:41:27 OpenCL (EURUSD,M5) SaveBitmapToFile error opening 'Mandelbrot.bmp'

I'm not an expert, but judging by the code, there must be an error here

int file=FileOpen(filename,FILE_WRITE|FILE_BIN);
if(file==INVALID_HANDLE)
{
Print(__FUNCTION__," error opening '",filename,"'");
return(false);

I mean it cannot create a file and cannot get a handle to it.