Automated Trading Championship 2011 - Rules - page 14

papaklass:
In what way? Having participated in 2 Cheiptons, I have never lost a deposit.
Let's consider that the phrase was meant for me :)

papaklass:

III. Expert Advisors for MetaTrader 5

8. If the Expert Advisor has behaved differently during the preliminary check and during the Championship, it will be disqualified.

Does this article covers early termination of the Expert Advisor's participation in the Championship, if the Expert Advisor was considered sufficient to win the Championship? For example, the Expert Advisor has traded more than the winner in 2008, i.e. it accumulated over $170,000.

What is the question? The same limitation for trading in the Strategy Tester and at the Championship should be set at 170k

papaklass:
The question is not how much the Expert Advisor will gain. I took the figure as an example. The question is: Can I stop the Expert Advisor on my own? And if such an EA turns out to be among the leaders, it will be disqualified. Organisers may consider this result to be artificial. For example, in the last Championship, the winner EA reached $140000 of deposit value and ended up with $700000. Suppose, Bobsley stopped his or her Expert Advisor at $1200000. What would happen?

He would have been the first person on the MT5 championship to break the 100K USD bar in trading results. That's all there is to it....

In other words, perhaps someone else will make history.

papaklass:
The question is, can the EA be stopped on its own?
is that not allowed by the rules? :)

Can you tell me, what will be the order execution type: Instant? Market? Or ....

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

MoneyJinn:

Can you tell me, what will be the order execution type: Instant? Market? Or ....

Renat has already answered a similar question here.

An important point that is never explicitly described:

Is there a requirement for the submitted Expert Advisor to break-even during the test period of 9 months?

So, it turns out that a strategy that is not stable in January and February but very effective during the rest of the time may not even reach the Championship?

Is such a requirement correct and does it not impose a certain asset management style, when only the

The Expert Advisor survivability over long time intervals?

If the technical loss exceeds $1000, is this already disqualified?

MoneyJinn:

If the technical loss exceeds $1,000, is that a disqualification?

Interesting question.

As far as I understood it, it was a loss on the final balance (although perhaps the organisers meant something else).

MoneyJinn:

Is there a requirement that the submitted EA on a test period of 9 months must break even?

Yes, in fact there is.

MoneyJinn:

Is there a requirement that the submitted EA on a test period of 9 months must break even?

Last year, Renat has explained that EAs that were not profitable (over a 9 month period in the tester) would not be allowed to participate, so as not to overload the servers with rubbish. (I have not reproduced it verbatim, but it corresponds to the meaning).