Public discussion of the formula for calculating the cost of resources in the MQL5 Cloud Network - page 9

sergeev:

Renat, how about this:

- The seller in an agent sets the price for his resource himself. From 0 to ... as much as he wants.
- buyer specifies in the tester before the start what maximum cost they can afford (similarly from 0 to .. .).

This solves the problem of calculation, because the price will be determined by the users themselves.
In this case there will be both cheaper (very busy) nets and more expensive nets (but quicker to calculate).

A very interesting option.

The interesting thing about it is that there is a subtext in the sentence, the author was the first to point out that the waiting time in the queue for execution can be several times longer than the time of the calculation itself. The author was the first to point out that the waiting time may be several times longer than the settlement time. If so, the one who pays more gets out of line to free but expensive resources.

By the way it is quite in the spirit of stock exchange quotation.

By the way, in the English part of the discussion they suggest to solve the problem in a simple way:

supercomputer:

MSQL5 Cloud Network is not for profit cloud network! FREE is the Best Solution!!!

From the buyer's point of view, everything is right :)

Advise our angelic comrades :) to look at money as an accumulator of computing resources.

You start to write an EA, put your agent online, in a week (month) when the TS is ready you will have enough resources to make optimization in a day.

To Stringo.

Stanislav, of course I understand that I will spoil all the fun for loggers (I can be involved in it too), but as they say, security is more important.

The names of indicators, as well as symbols and timeframes which these EAs are aimed at, also get into the log.

I think I need to do something with it.

PS

The good idea is to encrypt the entire log of agents working in the cloud (like history files).

Interesting:

To Stringo.

Stanislav, of course I understand that I will spoil all the fun for loggers (I can be involved in it too), but as they say, security is more important.

The names of indicators, as well as symbols and timeframes which these EAs are aimed at, also get into the log.

I think I need to do something with it.

PS

The good idea is to encrypt the entire log of cloud agents (like history files).

In cloud agents we will display only volume of uploaded information. We are working on it now.

Symbols, perhaps, should be output. We will hide timeframes

Renat:

For the next couple of months the MQL5 Cloud Network will be operating in the public test mode to allow developers to find and fix maximum bugs. For now the network is working in free mode. As soon as we stabilize the network operation and enable full accounting of the consumed resources, we will issue a release.

I would like to ask everyone to get their agents online, so that we can test the cloud under serious load. When testing is completed, all participants who brought their agents will receive bonuses (you can withdraw or spend them)!

If you wish (and this would be really great), please prolong the testing of cloud agents before the Championship.

The idea is to be able to use such an advantage for free until the championship starts, and afterwards it will be possible to start selling...

PS

It might be a good tradition to put the network in free mode a month before each championship (or to work for certain bonuses from the organizers).

Interesting:

Another suggestion (that would be great) is to extend the testing of cloud agents until the start of the championship.

The idea is to be able to use such an advantage free of charge until the start of the championship, and then you can go commercial...

PS

It seems that a good tradition might be the idea to transfer the network to free mode a month before each championship (or work for a certain bonus from the organizers).

The downside of the free cloud is the lack of resources.

Until you have a paid cloud, no one will give you enough PCs.

I propose to counter your suggestion by introducing a payable cloud, otherwise you won't have time to optimise anything for the Championship.

Urain:

The flip side of the free coin is scarcity of resources.

Until you have a paid cloud, there's no way anyone will give you enough computers.

As opposed to your proposal, I suggest introducing a paid cloud, because you have no time to optimize anything for the tournament.

You can always get a compromise, the more the developers are counting on a large group of enthusiasts.

For example:

1. They can give bonuses to those who gave their agents a month (or a week) before the championship. In this case the cloud will be free for consumers.

2. You can leave everything as it is, but only those participants of the championship, who will not be disqualified until the very end, will get some compensation (even if the cloud may not be used by a particular participant).

If the 10-20K is divided evenly among all runners who reach the final without disqualification, that would be an interesting option.

Maybe not all costs will be compensated, but at least part of them.

PS

Although I agree, the idea (if we do it before every championship) should be brought to a certain level of elaboration.

Renat:

By the way, the English part of the discussion suggests that the problem should be solved simply:

supercomputer:

MSQL5 Cloud Network is not for profit cloud network! FREE is the Best Solution!!!

From the buyer's point of view all is right :)

:-) But the kernels will be left to the altruists.

but on the other hand, you can offer two networks

altruistic where guys like supercomputer put cores

and commercial - where cores will be put by most people who want to earn something!

And it can be, even people far from trading!

I suppose those who sit and administer large fleets of machines!

can in their name to register a bunch of cores from servers that at night and not only at night - more often smoke bamboo.

Interesting:

A compromise can always be made, especially as the developers are counting on a large pile of enthusiasts.

For example:

1. Certain bonuses can be given to everyone who provided their agents a month (or a week) before the championship. In this case the cloud will be free for consumers.

2. You can leave everything as it is, but only those participants of the championship, who will not be disqualified until the very end, will get some compensation (even if the cloud may not be used by a particular participant).

If the 10-20K is divided evenly among all runners who reach the final without disqualification, that would be an interesting option.

Maybe not all costs will be compensated, but at least part of them.

PS

I agree though, the idea (if you do it before every championship) needs to be developed to a certain level.

Vladimir, I'll let you in on a terrible secret. If we add the 20K you suggested to the prize, the effect will be bigger than from a free cloud.

People are fighting for a prize and are willing to invest money in this fight, but enthusiasm will not get you far.

To give you an example: Jager publicly offered to create a free network, I initially supported his idea and helped in the promotion, but when the network has grown and agents have really become a constant demand (I personally have a problem, I pay for outgoing traffic, and it has increased at times, a trifle, but unple), I immediately turned off their agents. As soon as I started paying my own money for my friends' settlements my enthusiasm ended.

So I repeat, until there is a paid cloud, no matter how much you agitate, there won't be enough machines in the cloud.

But we've bogged down Sergeev's great idea

This is the one really worth looking at.

ZS Setting a minimum price for an agent equal to or close to zero will create an almost free cloud, with clouds that are mutually pervasive and flexible. what we really get is a flexible and fair system where everyone can find what they want, and most importantly not artificially restricting users.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5

Urain:

Vladimir, I'll let you in on a terrible secret: if you add the 20K you suggested to the prize, the effect will be greater than that of a free cloud.

People are fighting for the prize and are willing to invest money in this fight, but enthusiasm will not get you far.

To give you an example: Jager publicly offered to create a free network, I initially supported his idea and helped in the promotion, but when the network has grown and agents have really become a constant demand (I personally have a problem, I pay for outgoing traffic, and it has increased at times, a trifle, but unple), I immediately turned off their agents. As soon as I started paying my own money for my friends' settlements my enthusiasm ended.

Therefore I repeat, until there is a paid cloud, no matter how you can agitate, there will not be enough machines in the cloud.

The most interesting thing is that inbound traffic is increasing, by leaps and bounds!

I have 32 cores sitting in different stations, one station with 8 cores and a gigabyte and a half downloaded in one day

but I believe and hope this is a one-time blip... because it's downloaded history and from different dealerships!

I can see each core out of 8 pulled up the history from 7-8 dealing rooms. In essence repeating the same thing! ... ( it's a good thing the drives are big now - no problem )

---

I have unlimited Internet, but only 15 gigabytes ... per month - then the provider will cut the speed, and it is already not so high

of course, i too will be forced to reduce the number of agents or to switch off ,

If the cloud is free I will put up a maximum of 1 agent out of 32.

Otherwise it will be too expensive for me ...

---

But those who have fast unlimited and cheap internet won't have any problems...

and most of them...