Interesting and Humour - page 4022

0Aleksandr0:

I don't understand the theory of relativity either, and looking at the debate going on here, I doubt I can write a budget deficit forecast without mistakes)))

Only those who complain about other people's illiteracy are obliged to write without mistakes.

Дмитрий:

Because it's wrong.

Well, what can you do...

P.S. If you use the word "you" in relation to me, it should be capitalised - mistake upon mistake.

This makes it clear that I have no respect for you).

khorosh:
I'm making it clear that I have no respect for you).

You should write according to the rules - you're so complaining about general illiteracy! And who's making that clear to whom - no one cares....

Дмитрий:

You should write according to the rules - you're so complaining about general illiteracy! And who makes who understands what - no one cares....

Do you capitalise or capitalise the pronoun you?

It is nice to be polite and literate at the same time. Orally, it is easy to express a polite or respectful attitude to another person by using'you', but when we want to do the same in writing, a question arises: how to address the addressee in grammatical order?

Reference books ("Dictionary of Russian Language Difficulties" by D.E. Rosenthal and M.A. Telenkova; "Capital or lower case? V. V. Lopatin) recommendations regarding the use of the personal pronounyou as an expression of politeness in Russian are as follows:

With a capital (with a capital, that is) the pronounyou(your, you, etc.) is written:

1. when addressing one specific (natural or legal) person in official messages "Congratulations to you..."; "We inform you..."; "Please..."; "Sincerely yours...";
  2. in personal letters to one specific person (optional - the choice is up to the writer, expressing or not expressing a polite or respectful attitude to the addressee), also by e-mail.
Materials on the subject

In all other cases a lower case (with a capital letter) of the pronounyou is used:

1. when addressing several people in private and business correspondence: "I beg you, dear Sergey Petrovich and Ivan Vasilyevich..."; "Gentlemen, your letter...";
  2. in newspaper articles, in advertisements;
  3. in literary works (dialogue, direct speech, personal address): "...But don't let her bother you anymore // I don't want to grieve you with anything";
  4. in quotations;
  5. When addressing a user on a web-page;
  6. If the reference is hypothetical, then also in a letter: "Dear colleague! Regarding the assumption you made...".
Как писать местоимение вы – с большой или маленькой буквы? - версия для печати
  • newslab.ru
28 сентября 2004 13:41, Статьи Приятно быть вежливым и грамотным одновременно. В устной речи вежливое или уважительное отношение к собеседнику несложно выразить обращением на вы, но когда мы хотим сделать то же самое на письме, встает вопрос: как обратиться к адресату, чтобы соблюсти грамматические нормы? В справочных пособиях («Словарь...

khorosh:

Do I capitalise or capitalise the pronoun you?

It is nice to be polite and literate at the same time. Orally, it is easy to express a polite or respectful attitude to interlocutor by using'you', but when we want to do the same in writing, there is a question: how to address the addressee in order to observe grammatical norms?

Reference books ("Dictionary of Russian Language Difficulties" by D.E. Rosenthal and M.A. Telenkova; "Capital or lower case? V. V. Lopatin) recommendations regarding the use of the personal pronounyou as an expression of politeness in Russian are as follows:

With a capital (with a capital, that is) the pronounyou(your, you, etc.) is written:

1. when addressing one specific (natural or legal) person in official messages "Congratulations to you..."; "We inform you..."; "Please..."; "Sincerely yours...";
  2. in personal letters to one specific person (optional - the choice is up to the writer, expressing or not expressing a polite or respectful attitude to the addressee), also by e-mail.
Materials on the subject

In all other cases a lower case (with a capital letter) of the pronounyou is used:

1. when addressing several people in private and business correspondence: "I beg you, dear Sergey Petrovich and Ivan Vasilyevich..."; "Gentlemen, your letter...";
  2. in newspaper articles, in advertisements;
  3. in literary works (dialogue, direct speech, personal address): "...But don't let her bother you any more // I don't want to upset you in any way";
  4. in quotations;
  5. when addressing a user on a web page;
  6. If the address is hypothetical, then in the letter: "Dear colleague! Regarding the suggestion you made...".

So you're saying that your PUBLIC POST on an OPEN FORUM thread is a "PERSONAL WRITING"?

No more questions!

P.S. And this person complains about other people's "illiteracy" ....

Дмитрий:

So you're saying that your PUBLIC POST on an OPEN FORUM thread is a "PERSONAL WRITING"?

No more questions!

P.S. And this person complains about other people's "illiteracy" ....

If you can afford to address a stranger as "you", why can't I address you as "you"? If you violate the accepted rules of communication in society, you cannot demand that others follow those rules.

khorosh:
If you can afford to address a stranger as "you", why can't I address you as "you"? If you violate the accepted rules of communication in society, you cannot demand that others follow them.

Where can I find the generally accepted and official rules for communication on the Internet?

Дмитрий:

Where can I find the generally accepted and official rules for communicating online?

It's customary to address a stranger as "you", regardless of whether they're communicating online or in person. I think there are very few people who don't know that, so you can consider yourself a prodigy).

Two Englishmen meet in Piccadilly in London. One asks the other:
- How much time?
- Six watch.
- Such much?
- Whom how...
- MGIMO finished?
- Ask!

Who can't speak English (like me:)):

- What time is it?
- Six alarm clocks.
- That many?
- It depends.