Interesting and Humour - page 2673

Vitalii Ananev:
I'm not making this up. You can Google "the parable of king Solomon".

No, don't google it!

(

There's a lot of bullshit on the internet. You can't believe everything.

The Internet is good on the one hand, but on the other hand it's bad. They write things about which they have no idea.

a lot of people might have googled that version:

Nikolay Kositsin:

Gaius Julius Caesar once solved a dispute between a mother and a father over who owns their newborn child in a similar way: he just cut it in half with a sword and gave these pieces to the disputants.

And pipsqueak! Caesar is awful - he is a villain - murderer etc.

)

You saved Caesar's reputation... ( in the eyes of those who just google and then foam at the mouth to prove that a soft dick is better than a hard one )

It's just that not everyone knows it's a parable about King Solomon

and that no one chopped the baby in half, it was just a suggestion to chop him up.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

No, don't google it!

The Internet is good on the one hand, but on the other hand it's bad. They write things about which they have no idea.

Many people may have Googled this version:

Yes, you can find a lot of nonsense on the Internet. Even secret services have adopted the Internet and spam it everywhere to distort the truth and form public opinion they need. It is not for nothing they say that the press is the 4th estate.

Nikolay Kositsin:
By and large, it's nothing new. Gaius Julius Caesar once solved a dispute between a mother and father over who owned their newborn child in a similar way: he simply hacked it in half with his sword and gave the pieces to the disputants.

Gaius Julius Caesar, of course, was not so white and fluffy, but he did not do this, and he did not deserve the reputation of an infanticide. King Solomon of the Jews, on the other hand, did settle such an argument without bloodshed.
A woman whose newborn baby had died tried to deceive the woman who lived in the same house with her by putting her dead baby under her and taking the live one from her.
"And the king said, 'Cut the living child in two and give half to one and half to the other. And the woman whose son was alive answered the king, for her whole insides were stirred up with pity for her son:
"O my lord, give her this child alive and do not put him to death." And the other said: "Let it be neither to me nor to you, chop it up." (Old Testament, third book of Kings, ch. 3, vv. 25-26).
So Solomon understood which of the two women was the true mother of the child and gave him to the one who asked for his life.

P.S. The two women who came to King Solomon were prostitutes by today's standards: "Then two women who were prostitutes came to the king and stood before him. (Old Testament, third book of Kings, chapter 3, v. 16).

Vitalii Ananev:
Actually, Caesar has nothing to do with it. It's a bit of a twist on the parable of King Solomon. And there were two mothers arguing over who owned the baby. And he didn't chop them up, he just offered to chop them up. And then the baby's true mother gave him up in favour of the other one. "I'd rather have him live with another woman than die." And after that, Solomon told her to give the child to her.
I remember that Solomon swung at the baby and the true mother rushed to cover the baby with herself.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

No, don't google it!

(

So the story about Caesar is first-hand accounts? )

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
and I remember that Solomon swung at the baby and the true mother rushed to cover the baby with herself.
Nah... It was exactly as the Old Testament describes it. The mother prostitute herself said this in an interview with Al Jazeera and even showed pictures with her iPhone 6.

Pavel Gotkevitch:
Nah... It was exactly as described in the Old Testament. The mother prostitute herself said this in an interview with Al Jazeera, and even showed pictures she took with her iPhone 6.
Well, you can't argue with a strong argument like that. Hats off to you.

Where did she get the iPhone?

Aleksey Levashov:
Well, you can't argue against a strong argument like that. Hats off to you.

Where'd she get the iPhone?
Well, she's a whore. Probably a gift from a rich overseas client...

Aleksey Levashov:
Where did she get the iPhone?
Misunderstood

Pavel Gotkevitch:
Nah... It was exactly as described in the Old Testament. The mother prostitute herself said it in an interview with Al Jazeera and even showed pictures she took with her iPhone 6.
I don't know, the Old Testament is for those who consider themselves God's chosen, I'm not with them.)