MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester 3D Visualization - page 3

stringo:
Roll the mouse wheel while holding down the Ctrl key
Yeah, I found it myself. But thanks anyway, stringo.

MetaDriver:

As long as they've made an engine like this, it's a sin to keep it locked up just in the tester. It should work on all fronts!

Yeah... It must have taken a long time to create)))) but in general, it's a first-year student's term paper even without using graphics libraries. I did that about 15 years ago.

gisip:

Hello!

Can you make a simple visualisation like in MT4?

I can't even turn off the window opening and visualisation during a test run.

But I noticed a bug - when I change the parameter displayed on the axes, the axis labels and the scale on the chart do not change, although the chart itself changes as required.

I would also like to see the possibility to switch the chart type - linear/1D/2D/3D - during optimization, as it was in MT4.

What a nightmare they come up with!)

For me, a simple trader, these 3D charts mean nothing! The main thing is balance, equity, profit factor and drawdown.

Please explain why this is done, if you optimise a standard EA, this beauty does not work, just points and that's it! The visualization is much clearer on mt4. You should have this beauty built into the terminal, not as a separate EA.

What's the point of such a thing anyway? It would be better to make a visualisation...

dimeon:
What is the point of such a thing? They'd better make a visualization...

I support you!

In the meta-editor you still can't print a selection! An elementary thing - I don't think I know of any editor that can't do that!

Renat promised to work on the meta-editor some time after the launch.

(in my opinion it is not necessary at all, but it takes a lot of time and resources from developers and allows them to make a small fistful of dollars - is that why you took up Forex? :)

Dear Renat, do you still have plans to bring this miserable, at the moment, meta-editor to a normal state?

dimeon:
А зачем вообще такая штука ?   лучше бы визуализацию сделали...

Actually, this thing is needed for correct selection of optimisation parameters (in particular 3). But it would be more convenient to select parameter values directly from the 3D graph and immediately throw them into input parameters for further testing.

Is the meta-editor cheesy because of the lack of fragment printing?

The editor is developing, but I doubt there will be fragment printing.

Renat:
The meta-editor is lame because of the lack of fragment printing?

The editor is evolving, but I doubt there will be fragment printing.

Well yes, not printing the highlighted snippet is a sign of squalor, isn't it? (I need to print one function from a listing of 2,500 lines - how do I do that?)

Not being able to edit headers (date, print time, file name) is a sign of squalor, isn't it? (I need to know if this is the latest version of the indicator or where the file I printed a week ago lies)

Not being able to highlight text(https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2582/page2#comment_41664) properly is a sign of squalor, isn't it? (I need to highlight two hundred lines of text for something)

The lack of folding and a normal project manager is not very nice either, is it?

It would be understandable if other code editors were just as flawed, but it seems to me that you must be writing MT in Visual Studio? Compare that editor and your own :)

Instead of giving programmers a proper editor, you waste your time on stupid (in my opinion!) styling, on snippets.

I assure you, one folding and normal project manager is more convenient for the programmer (i.e. ten times more) than styling and all snippets taken together.

Recently they made a replacement in the selected fragment, also a very useful thing. Thanks a lot for that!

PS

Although not related to Metaeditor, I'll say it anyway :)

You have refused to handle exceptions - a super mechanism for reliable programming - under false pretences.

And explained they care about programmers, that you are so unskilled that it will be worse for you, so check all thinkable and unthinkable things beforehand.

Although it is called EXCLUSION handling and allows concentrating on efficient error handling in one place within a program unit.

And not to disperse all these numerous checks over the code and not to repeat the same checks dozens of times which inevitably leads to decrease of software reliability.

Come on, what am I saying, as if you don't know it :)