Who supports MT5 - page 6

RaptorUK:
2. Any discussion of any banking, brokerage or other financial institutions is forbidden. Such posts are subject to deletion.
We will not discuss, single out or criticise anyone. It's all about discussing general characteristics without reference to any particular company.

tol64:

P.S. Thank you all for your interest. I will try to keep the information up to date and constantly replenish the catalogue. You may suggest some ideas for development. Preferably, something that would make brokers to develop, to keep up with each other. :)

The minimum deposit is a bad characteristic of a broker. Especially when you consider its (deposit) conditionality.

Make some kind of a function from:

• year of foundation
  • regulation
  • reviews on a certain resource
  • average spread or commission
  • etc.
Then it will be really visual.

komposter:

The minimum deposit is a bad characteristic of a broker. Especially given its (deposit) conventionality.

Make some kind of feature from:

• foundation year
  • regulation
  • reviews on a certain resource
  • average spread or commission
  • etc.
Then it will be really visual.

Interesting suggestion. I'll try to do something like that. I'm not sure about the reviews, as I think that wherever we find reviews, for the most part it's a game between brokers. It's self praise or badmouthing others. Also the surveys on the same topic are not trustworthy. That is, a survey/reviews/rating can be done, but don't see them as anything serious. But with many other metrics, you could try doing such a feature. Thanks.

tol64:

Interesting suggestion. I'll try to do something like that. About the reviews I'm not sure, as I think that wherever we find what kind of reviews, for the most part it's a game between brokers. It's self praise or badmouthing others. Also the surveys on the same topic are not trustworthy. That is, a survey/reviews/rating can be done, but do not consider them as something serious. But with many other metrics, you could try doing such a feature. Thanks.

Would really like accurate data (right in the table) on :

1) presence of real ECN

// a huge amount of falsification - STP is passed off as ECN. The key difference between a "real" ECN is matching, i.e. placing client limit orders in a glass visible to other clients.

// In particular in the current table ECN is in more than half of brokers, on check - almost all of them are fiction. I say "almost" just in case, I have not found any real ECN in MT5 yet.

And if there are - specific characteristics of ECN:

2) commission amount

3) general restrictions on order/position volume (min. volume, step)

4) limitations on the volume of Limits placed in the market (all or only large, and if the latter, then from what volume)

5) other characteristics

--

Advanced technology profitable for (algo)traders should be encouraged, by making it easily accessible for traders.

I would propose to move brokers with real ECN into a separate table of "prime brokers" in order to let people know where to vote with their feet.

--

To avoid terminology debates,

// There may be argueers referring to the question "Why an ECN without matching is not realistic? The definition of "Electronic Communications Network" does not contain anything about matching..." etc.

There will be nothing to argue about, and the information will be available.

MetaDriver:

You can call this separate table "ECN with Matching". There will be nothing to argue about, and the information will be available.

Another important addition. The availability and accessibility of such tables can make a significant contribution to the pace of forex recovery.

Let me explain (as I understand it myself).

1. Matching is always profitable for the trader (lower costs - lower spreads, higher liquidity).

A broker matchmaking brings him less profit but more clients. If the increase in clients is greater than the loss from the introduction - it's clearly profitable.

So: free access to such tables will support the mass introduction of matchmaking in the market - it will make the introduction quickly profitable for brokers (the key indicator for introduction).

No VTB on the chart, and a halo around each DC indicating the number of clients /if it is not a secret/

MetaDriver:

Cool! I'll be looking into it. I assumed beforehand that all these ECNs may not be "clean", but since I don't know much about it, I didn't clarify it in correspondence with the broker's support service and filled out the table mainly by collecting data on the broker's website. I have, however, a difficulty with the English language, but I don't know how to do it, so I've been asking more specific questions. I do have difficulty with the English, but I think I can handle it. ))

vspexp:
For example in VTB there is no VTB on the chart, and even a halo around each brokerage company that indicates the number of clients / if it's not a secret /
VTB24 (Online Broker) I will add, thanks. Some of them give information about the number of open accounts of traders and volumes, but not all. I will try to make a request from each one.

MetaDriver:

2. the broker is less profitable with matchmaking

Why is that?

Contender:
MetaDriver:

2. Matching brings the broker less profit

Why is that?

Theoretically, nothing, even the opposite - you don't have to share the commission with LPs.

And practically ::

Rann:
So clients will be able to match each other? I'm afraid not many companies would choose such a service. The earnings from matched clients are too low, about 4 times less than what most people earn. And the larger the client base, the higher the percentage of matched clients.
Rann:
The most important thing is that the matchmaking is easy to check. You set a limit inside the spread for one client and eat it with a counter-mark from another client, you get execution without a spread. I'm sure many companies wouldn't like that, it would be hard to make it work. But if software forces a move towards market mechanisms, then I'm all for it. Nothing will prevent us from implementing both schemes and see what clients choose.
// https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/146025/page36

Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум

MetaDriver:

Theoretically, there's nothing to be gained. In fact, on the contrary, you don't have to share the commission with the LP.

But practically ::

// https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/146025/page36

I read that, but I don't understand why the earnings from clients should go down.

If broker takes commission per transaction, what difference does it make how clients will be matched with each other?

More trades => more commission => more profit.

PS.

And when executing on the side, you have to share part of the profit, so IMHO Matching is beneficial for true ECN-brokers