Suggestions for improving the MetaEditor - page 7

Urain:

What in the tester should we send through the event?

A) The charts in the tester are not opened

B) the event indicators do not receive

the Expert Advisor will send events to itself, what's the point of that?

Yes, this scheme can be sometimes used to good effect. Just to think about it: you can send trading signals from an indicator, you can create a multicurrency EA using "spies".

This discussion is not on the subject of the branch.

Lizar:

You can sometimes use this scheme to your advantage as well. Just a quick thought: you can send trading signals from an indicator, you can make a multi-currency unit using "spies".

This discussion is not on the topic of the thread.

But it is mostly flooding anyway. Although there are some useful suggestions.

Interesting:
It's all pretty much a flubbery anyway.
seconded by

Interesting:

The point is not how to transfer, but that what worked in the tester (in fact it should have) stopped working there about 6 months ago.

I mean the problem of EventChartCustom() -> OnChartEvent() in tester for experts. Maybe I don't understand it, but everything was working fine before the Championship but not now.

It was not working in the Strategy Tester before the Championship.

From the next build it will work.

stringo:

It didn't work in the tester before the championship.

I don't know exactly when it was broken, but until September 2010 I was using it in the tester all the time. So I can say with 100% certainty that it was broken around 05/09/2010 (at least I found it just then).

I will assume that "broke" this case 02/09/2010 at the transition to the 319 build.

If you restore in the next build will be immensely grateful, probably not only me...

Interesting:
I do not know exactly when it was broken, but till September 2010 I used it in the tester all the time. Therefore, 100% certainty I can say that broke around 05.09.2010 (at least I found it just then.)

It never worked!

There was a stub in the right place (or rather, there wasn't the right call code. never was). Today, after a final check, the stub was removed.

The timer in the tester always worked. Trade events - too.

stringo:

It never worked!

There was a stub in the right place (or rather, there wasn't the right call code. never was). Today, after a final check, the stub was removed.

The timer in the tester always worked. The events from the trade worked as well.

Does that mean I'm completely out of it? Or my Expert Advisor received and successfully handled more than a hundred events before 05/09/2010 bypassing the "stub".

Maybe I've got some special build? Or maybe I just dreamt it all...?

Interesting:

So am I completely over it? Or my EA has been receiving and successfully processing over a hundred events all year until 05/09/2010, bypassing the "stub".

Maybe some special build was sent to me? Or maybe I was dreaming?

In the tester? OnChartEvent? After EventChartCustom? I dreamed it.

stringo:
In the tester? OnChartEvent? after EventChartCustom? Dreamed of.

Yes in the tester, exactly in the tester.

If it was about processing certain events (such as prohibition/permission to use DLL, permission/prohibition to trade, etc.) I would still believe that there is no possibility in the tester.

But I had an implementation of rollovers in a specialized class "timer", where the timer sent events to the Expert Advisor every: hour, day, week, month, year.

Therefore, at least five types of events (there were others) passed both in the tester and in the terminal. Up to build 319 they passed, then they didn't...

stringo:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!