Suggestions for improving the MetaEditor - page 4

The navigator window will be expanded with new tabs - there will be projects and probably a function tree of the open file.

We can check the code on the fly too, we do it all the time in the background for intelligence, but we do not show the highlighting. We will try to highlight errors on the fly.
Документация по MQL5: Файловые операции / FileOpen
Документация по MQL5: Файловые операции / FileOpen
  • www.mql5.com
Файловые операции / FileOpen - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

We can check the code on the fly too, we do it all the time in the background for intelligence, but we don't show the highlighting. We will try to highlight errors on the fly.
Thank you very much for your attention to the requests.

Thank you... And folding please... as soon as possible !!! :-)

St0nE:
Thanks... And Folding please... asap!!! :-)

Not faster than EventChartCustom() in the tester, please!!! :)

Preferably the folding is also optional (so you can disable it)...

Unfortunately, there will definitely be no folding.

it's a punch below the belt... :-) So many people want it... and lo and behold... there won't be one... :-(

Interesting:

PS

And if you so want to look at the "scooter", just designed for trading, take Rumus2 (from Forex Club) and pay attention to its functionality in the field of writing indicators and everything else.

I know Rumus, who doesn't know it, I started my Forex exercises with it in Khlebobank, then I quickly switched to MT in Al ... :) Now it's the second rumus there. By the way, there are Linux distributions now.

No, personally I don't know any better tool in combination of features than MT5.

But I still want a shining bike, not a shining scooter :).

Of course, the developers are developing MetaEditor, but somehow in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

Make first just an excellent and handy code editor, of which, I note, there are quite a few.

What I need first of all (I think many will agree):

1. This is what Renat writes:

Renat: We will expand the navigator window with new tabs - there will appear projects and, probably, an open file function tree.

2. the ability to print the selected fragment (well, that's for sure! - I don't know any editor that doesn't allow to do that)

3. folding (ok, already crossed out by Renat :)

4. yes, above sergeev already showed in the screenshot

And then, of course, addsnippets, stylers, wizards, etc.

Renat:
Unfortunately, there will definitely be no folding.

What is the reason for the categorical refusal? no desire? or does folding require an expensive licence to use it?

Will there be a window divider?

Carthage must be destroyed!

Interesting:

Not faster than EventChartCustom() in the tester, please!!!:)

Preferably the folding is also optional (so you can disable it)...

It's been a couple of weeks since it was officially announced in the article:

When testing in an Expert Advisor, you can handle custom events using the OnChartEvent() function, but in indicators this function is not called in the tester. Even if the indicator has the OnChartEvent() handler, and this indicator is used in the Expert Advisor under test, the indicator itself will not receive any custom events.

The indicator during testing can generate custom events using the EventChartCustom() function, while the Expert Advisor can process these events in OnChartEvent().