Iron tips - page 7

mrProF:
Look for some hosting provider with VPS with windows server, then install the terminal on it, run and sleep well, electricity and internet problems will remain only in dreams.
Technically, you will be allocated a chunk of CPU time, memory and disk.

Yeah that's really interesting.

mrProF:

Want my advice on a landline?
If you want MTS, then rent a VPS (virtual server in the data centre), will be more reliable)).
And buy yourself a normal laptop)))

Interesting Certainly an interesting move, but not always acceptable...

What's not acceptable? Does anyone know the price of the issue ?

WChas:
The power supply at my system unit is 650W and I have my computer with monitors on and at times when the power is cut, Ipon 600pro can not stand it and the computer just needs to restart. I will change the UPS, and it will be of course APC. For as long as I can remember it has been the leader. About the hard drives. Right now I have hitachi 1000Gb separate physical drive and two Western Digital (Green) 1500Gb RAID 0 hard drives. Raid speed is amazing, very happy with it.

1. The watt in the power supply is of course a good thing, but it also depends on the manufacturer. As for Ipon, I sympathize, I will not contact them for any money (how do vendors have the nerve to call them UPS, they probably do not power the computers themselves).

2. About the raid. Put two Hitachi 500s in the raid + swap out the Western for one more Hitachi grater. I promise you'll be even more surprised...

mrProF:
If you take it as your only option, 4 is better))
From personal experience. Bought an i3 ASUS based book in winter for my mother-in-law. Somewhere around 28000 roubles. I would like to note that it is not in Moscow. My wife has an ASUS beech based on some AMD and cost 36000 (two years ago we bought it). But... The i3 "makes" it in all respects. So to say - heaven and earth.

Interesting:

1. The watt in the power supply is of course a good thing, but it also depends on the manufacturer. I feel sorry for Ipon, I will not contact them for any money (how do vendors have the nerve to call them UPS, they probably do not power computers themselves).

2. About the raid. Put two Hitachi 500's in the raid + change the Western to another Hitachi grater. I promise you'll be even more surprised...

1. I totally agree.

2. WD series green means 5400 RPM. Hitachi - most likely 7200. This is understandable. Probably will be, but so far so good.

WChas:
From personal experience. Bought an i3 ASUS based book in winter for my mother-in-law. For around 28000 roubles. I would like to point out that it is not in Moscow. My wife has an ASUS based on some AMD and cost 36000 (two years ago we bought it). But... The i3 "makes" it in all respects. So to say - heaven and earth.
It's hard to compare without knowing the parameters))

Tihonov.n.a:

Interesting Certainly an interesting move, but not always acceptable...

What's not acceptable? Do you know what the cost is ?

For starters, if you need to repair your machine, it will be a lot more troublesome than a basic stationary computer. Again, the limitations of disk space, memory and so on.

Here in the choice you need to think carefully, I for example for the past three years I think. I decided to get a new desktop (4 cores) and then think about a medium-sized laptop from Lenovo (only from Lenovo)...

Interesting:

To start with, if the machine fails, it will be much more problematic to repair it than, say, a simple desktop. Again, there is limited disk space, memory and so on.

At me the laptop 2.5 years, dropped 2 times opened, hit (not spilled, namely hit :)) took out a bolt dangling inside, once changed the hard drive (because of the fall of a heavy object on the laptop).

I added more RAM. And nothing, alive))

And the limitations of disk space for the programmer does not exist, to write the source code for at least 1gb, you need to spend a couple of centuries :D
For the film library there are external hard drives))

I've picked up 2 options at first glance.

But until I finish readingthe Tips for Choosing Computer Parts.

I will not make a choice ))))

http://www.ulmart.ru/goods/203364/?head=1

http://www.ulmart.ru/goods/203122/?head=1

mrProF:
At me 2.5 years the notebook, dropped 2 times opened, steaming (not spilled, namely steaming :)) took out a bolt dangling inside, once changed a hard disk (because of the fall of a heavy object on the notebook).

I added more RAM. And nothing, it's alive))

And the limit of disk space for the programmer does not exist, to write the source code at least for 1gb, it should spend a couple of centuries :D
For the film library are external hard drives))

1. You can't do it once for all.

2. the limited resources were implicit in the purchase of the laptop as the main option (without a desktop)

Tihonov.n.a:

I've picked up 2 options at first glance.

But until I finish reading the Tips for Choosing Computer Accessories .

I would not take acer (once bought a non-Acer - half a year has not lived and before that to me people advised Acer not to mess with). Is there anything from ASUS on i3? I don't really know anything about Samsung.