Errors, bugs, questions - page 3059

Andrey Dik:

where does the documentation say that? - I couldn't find it, and why not display an error message about it when compiling like "64 parameters allowed in function exceeded"?

How couldn't you find it if I underlined the link in my reply to you

A100:

How could you not, if I underlined the link in your answer?

ok, can the compiler report it if it considers it an error?

Andrey Dik:

ok, can the compiler report this if it considers it an error?

If the indicator has 4 input parameters, when you call it with 6 parameters, what exactly do you expect to see?

Does the compiler have to check the indicator you want to call?

Or I do not quite understand the question?

Сергей Таболин:

If an indicator has 4 input parameters, when you call it with 6 parameters, what exactly do you expect to see?

Does the compiler have to check the indicator you want to call?

Or I didn't quite understand your question?

Yes, not quite.

The number of parameters to be passed to the function, as it turned out, should not exceed 64.

and in my indicator the number of parameters is much more than 64.

thus, the compiler is blaming the code where I call iCustom ().

so i'm saying, why would the compiler swear and still tell me the exact reason? right now the compiler swears but doesn't tell me the reason.

Andrey Dik:

ok, can the compiler report this if it considers it an error?

The flaw here is that each error has a number which can be used to find the information of interest ( 147 in this case). But it is not displayed in the message

A100:

The flaw here is that each error has a number that can be used to find the information you are interested in ( 147 in this case). But it is not printed in the message

The number of the error should be printed with the help of GetLastError (), so that it would be convenient to handle the errors programmatically, and the compiler should directly report the error description, not its code, for quick and easy visual perception by the programmer.

Andrey Dik:

The error number should be printed with GetLastError () when the program is running, so that it would be convenient to handle the errors programmatically, and the compiler should directly report the error description rather than its code, for quick and easy visual perception by the programmer.

The error code only supplements the error message, not replaces it. Some error descriptions in C++ with examples take a page or more. You may even lay it out in a separate column with a hyperlink to a detailed description

A100:

In C++, there is a description of some errors with examples - it takes a page or more

For C++ you can find tons of information by error code, including nuances, workarounds, etc. Asked for error numbers back in 2015 or earlier.

Andrei Trukhanovich:

For C++, you can find tons of information on the error code, including nuances, workarounds, etc. Asked for error numbers back in 2015 or earlier.

The most interesting thing is that they are specified in command line mode, but not displayed in window mode

A100:

The interesting thing is that they are specified in command line mode, but not displayed in window mode

It wasn't displayed anywhere before, so you can call it progress )