Errors, bugs, questions - page 2349

A very important question on MT4/5.

Is it possible that the tick at which the limit order was executed came into the terminal later than the information that the limit order was executed?

I noticed one situation that can only be explained by this hypothesis so far. That is why the answer is important.

fxsaber:

A very important question on MT4/5.

Is it possible that the tick at which the limit order was executed came into the terminal later than the information that the limit order was executed?

I noticed one situation that can only be explained by this hypothesis so far. That is why the answer is important.

Nothing prevents it - the information is not connected in any way. Probably, it is transmitted in different packets as well.

What methods do you use to understand that a running EA is working and not stopped because of an error?

The first thing that comes to mind is an indicator that polls global variables. And the Expert Advisor must update its global variable at every tick.

If the indicator sees that the refreshing stopped, it will inform.

You can also use ChartEventCustom, but iCustom indicators will not see these events.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

There is nothing to stop it - the information is not connected in any way. It is probably transmitted in different packets too.

I agree that different streams. The developers seem to have said that the quote stream is raw and broadcast at maximum speed.

The situation is like this. I was testing a synchronizer that synchronized the real trading environment with the virtual one.

A limiter was present in the virtual one. Respectively, the same one was hanging in the real one.

The moment happened that the limit was executed in the real one, but not yet in the virtual one. This could only happen if the virtual tick came later than the information that the real limit was executed. I do not have another explanation. I will think about it.

pavlick_:

A suggestion: when writing posts, add a possibility to insert some element (perhaps only in the starting post of the topic?), the feature of which is that the text in it is available for editing after any period. Perhaps an item could be highlighted somehow.

Maybe I'll start one topic, the first post would like to have a kind of table of contents, gradually filling in the necessary links. Now it's just impossible to do it normally (running after the administration and asking them to tweak the post - well, somehow not an option either).

There is a blog for that. And on a forum to put only a discussion, if it is not convenient in comments to a blog.

fxsaber:

What methods do you use to understand that the running EA is working and not stopped due to an error?

Sending a heart beat signal to the server. If there is no update for X seconds/minutes - alert to your phone.

What is the point of local control? The indicator may crash the same way as the Expert Advisor (close the chart by mistake, apply a template, etc.)

fxsaber:

Is it possible that the tick on which the limit order was executed came to the terminal later than the information that the limit order was executed?

It may even be that the tick did not arrive at all.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Sending a heart beat signal to the server. If there is no update for X seconds/minutes - alert to phone.

Please, recommend the appropriate service to "keep alive" without WebRequest.

What's the point of local control? The indicator may crash the same way as the Expert Advisor (chart has been closed by mistake, the pattern has been applied, etc).

The local one is good in that it is free, and you learn it immediately, when you are sitting at your computer. Most often it is needed for debugging some subtle points.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

It may even be that this tick did not come at all.

I spoke to a broker who is well versed in this subject today, and the logs of the aggregator and the MT-trading server were analysed.

Theoretically it is possible that the packet with ticks has been lost but the packet with order info has arrived. But it is only a speculative thing.

I was advised to log each fart of the EA to identify the problem accurately. I've never done that. If anyone has implemented it, let me know which rake it's best not to do.

fxsaber:

Please recommend an appropriate service to "keep alive" without the hassle of WebRequest.

I haven't seen any ready-made solutions for individual EAs. Although, it is probably possible to connect EA to some site/server monitoring service (hardly free with good quality).

There is a free solution from FxBlue for monitoring the life of the terminal as a whole.