Errors, bugs, questions - page 1433

Hello.

Here's a question - yesterday before the MT5 update my script compiled in literally 2 seconds. Today after the update it took almost 5 minutes to compile... Will it always be like this? :(

alexandr_trader:

Hello.

Such a question - yesterday before the MT5 update my script compiled in literally 2 seconds. Today after the update it took almost 5 minutes to compile... Will it always be like this? :(

What is the bit rate of the terminal?

From which build to which build have you updated?

Did you forget to attach the source code of the script?

alexandr_trader:

Hello.

Here's a question - yesterday before the MT5 update my script compiled in literally 2 seconds. Today after the update it took almost 5 minutes to compile... Will it always be like this? :(

Yes, 5 minutes is a very long time.
Alternatively, try to simplify the code (maybe you have large (multi-line) functions).

You can create a request to servicedesk and attach your code, we will check why such a long compilation time.

Ilyas:
Yes, 5 minutes is a lot.
As an option, try to simplify the code (maybe you have a large (multi-line) functions).

You can create a request to servicedesk and attach your code, we will check why it takes so long to compile.
Alexey Da:

What is the bit rate of the terminal?

From which build to which build did you upgrade?

Did you forget to attach the source code of the script?

Win7 64

MT5 Alfa-Forex 5.00 built 1210 30 okt 2015

I don't know what build I updated from.

The script code is really complicated and cumbersome. But even a primitive script that used to compile instantly now compiles in 0.5 seconds.

I'll adjust, of course, but you keep in mind that the compilation is now oooo slow. I hope you can fix it in the future.

Regards.

alexandr_trader:

The script code is indeed complex and cumbersome. But even a primitive script, which used to compile instantly, now compiles in 0.5 seconds.

I'll adjust, of course, but keep in mind that the compilation is now very slow. I hope you'll fix it in the future.

The latest builds have a new optimization mechanism enabled by default during compilation. As a result the speed of execution of programs written in MQL has increased by several times.

The price to pay for this is an increase of compilation time, and in "heavy" cases (large, multi-line functions) it has increased by order (from 3 sec to 16 min).

Simplifying the algorithm is the only way to speed up compilation so far.

Alexey Da:

The latest builds include a new optimization mechanism by default when compiling. As a result, the speed of execution of programs written in MQL has increased several times.

The price to pay for this is an increase of compilation time, and in "heavy" cases (large, multi-line functions) increased by order (from 3 sec to 16 min).

Algorithm simplification is so far the only way to speed up compilation.

I believe any developer will sacrifice compilation time for the sake of faster program running :)

Way to go guys...

Alexey Da:

The latest builds include a new optimization mechanism by default when compiling. As a result, the speed of execution of programs written in MQL has increased several times.

The price to pay for this is an increase of compilation time, and in "heavy" cases (large, multi-line functions) increased by order (from 3 sec to 16 min).

Algorithm simplification is so far the only way to speed up compilation.

We are not programming space stations after all. Maybe you give users a choice between optimizing the runtime or compilation speed?

Although I personally have not encountered this problem so far because I don't want to spend 16 minutes waiting each time on changes of 1 line of code.

But you may compile the final product only once when it is completely built and debugged. Does it make sense?

Compilation error: invalid cast operation

class A {};
class B {
        bool A() { return true; }
        bool f() {        A(); return true; } //нормально
        bool g() { return A(); }              //'A' - invalid cast operation
};

MT4: I call the EventChartCustom expert in OnDeinit, sending a message to another chart, but the event does not come. There is almost no code in OnDeinit, so limit 2.5 seconds it is not executed. Question: is it even possible to generate custom events from OnDeinit or is it forbidden? I couldn't find any documentation on this topic.

A100:

Compilation error: invalid cast operation

First time raped kosher, then not so much after?