Errors, bugs, questions - page 1362

Leanid Aladzyeu:

What kind of perversion on the part of the Market moderators?

My product only works on currency 3 and 5 marks ( this is stated in the description )

And they won't put up a new version because there's a mistake in the product.

2015.08.26 15:43:03.415    2015.03.03 04:02  Hedging_Recovery__1 XAUUSD,H1: OrderSend error 130

I clearly told them that it is only for currencies and not metals.

Who is right or what they want from me?

It's easier for me to put a ban on metals

All right, this is foolproofing. You know how users can get twisted and break even an iron ball...

Artyom Trishkin:
That's right, it's foolproof. You know how users can get twisted enough to break even an iron ball...
I know, that's why I don't want them to trade on metals.

Init checks, and if it fails, a message on the screen and print and force termination.

Valeriy Korobeynik:
Inite check, and if it does not pass - the message on the screen and in the print and forced termination.

I think so.

But how do I change the symbol for example for XAUUSD and put it on a cent ( pairs are different there, as far as I know, I have not worked there)?

Is there a variable with Market Info that tells me right away if it is a currency or metals (futures, etc.)?

Karputov Vladimir:
Check .

Alas. No change. No match.

A100:

In fact you are suggesting a simple and straightforward entry

replace it with

Where did I suggest replacing something? Don't make things up. I was offering to add this feature to the language, nothing more. I didn't say anything about changing it. The developers heard me, and I'm glad they did. What you're trying to achieve is unclear. Do you really think anyone's going to change the way things are now? You'll be pulverized by the users here for that.

And you can use a special function to compare pointers to equality

If you want - use your function as you wish. GetPointer is enough for me. I hope developers will soon add & and it will be convenient at all.

Alexey Navoykov:

It is unclear what you are trying to achieve.

My interest is in that the code created in the only way possible at present works and that difficult-to-comprehend expressions like these do not appear in the future or can be avoided
*a = (*b + *c) - *d**e + *f;

Obviously, replacing GetPointer with & will not affect anything and we can be guided by the question of convenience here. But other innovations may affect the code, so they must at least give advantages and/or solve existing contradictions and not create new ones at the same time. So far, the benefits of introducing an * are not visible, whereas a more convenient entry in a limited number of cases is not an advantage, but only a convenience.

Regarding substitution of GetPointer for &, I think this replacement was made intentionally from the very beginning to avoid treating & as an address taking operation. And if on purpose, it means that there was a reason for it.

Any advice on how to implement mt4 and mysql?

so far there is an article https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/932

Need a simple code implementation ... I need code implementation ... maybe someone knows, help with the code or tell me how to get out of this situation.

A100:

But other innovations may affect the code.

Well, give me at least one example how introduction of * or & might affect existing codes to begin with and we'll have an example to discuss. Besides, nobody forces you to use * where it's not required at all (as in formulas you cited).

We don't see the benefits of introducing * yet

Well, if you can't see them, it doesn't mean they don't exist. It's all been discussed. I'm not going to go a second (or even a third) time around.

As for replacing GetPointer with &, I think this replacement was made intentionally to avoid treating & as an address taking operation. If it was done intentionally, there must have been some reason for that.

Bravo, Sherlock! Your deduction is unparalleled. All I have to add is "crime solved".

Dear forum administrators!

Remove graphics from the Favorites section, make the display of favorite topics a regular line. And if there are new posts, then introduce a highlighting of the line with the name of the theme of the forum.

It's hard to see, and it's inconvenient to browse everything if there are a lot of favorite topics. Plus, the topic can be accidentally deleted from the favorites by clicking on the cross - there's no confirmation.