Errors, bugs, questions - page 2977

Mihail Matkovskij:

Interesting, how did you determine that the labels are based on the canvas, if the canvas itself is a superstructure over OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL, and the label is OBJ_LABEL?

While I've been chatting here on the forum, I've already sketched out the output panel on labels, with any given number of rows and columns. And for the canvas I have other tasks, in my other applications. And it works very well there too.

So you probably know everything? Then maybe share your knowledge or links where you can read about charts in MetaTrader, so that I know what you know too? :)

MT is written in C++. So it's enough to understand how GDI is set up and how all graphics output in C++ works via DC (device context) to understand how graphics work in MT.
There can be confusion with the concept of Canvas. It is not a CCanvas library. Basically this concept in various programming languages can be simplified down to a simple concept of an array of pixels (BitMap).
This is what I mean when I talk about kanvas.
In MQL this array of pixels is accessed throughOBJ_BITMAP_LABEL and OBJ_BITMAP.
All other OBJ_, including OBJ_LABEL and OBJ_TEXT, are ultimately derived from bitmaps. Everything you see on the screen (not just MT) is ultimately the work ofDisplay DC, which is inextricably linked to an array of pixels, each of which occupies 4 bytes (RGB and an extra exta byte that originally existed for alignment, but is mostly used for transparency (alpha channel))

fxsaber:

PCM on the symbol in Market Watch, Specification. Looked it up, it doesn't have this parameter.

so it doesn't always return 0, but periodically, what does it depend on?

Andrii Djola:

so it doesn't always return 0, but periodically, but what does it depend on?

Provide the data for playback.

Mihail Matkovskij:

I know how applications work with Windows graphics! But what doesOBJ_BITMAP_LABEL have to do with itif it's just a chart object...? Yes, like all other chart objects it has pixels that are displayed on the chart. And the chart,in turn, is already displayed on the screen. And what does this have to do with theWindows canvas working through Device Context? Maybe MetaTrader uses a different GDI than WinAPI...? Have you ever thought about that? Although MT4 and MT5 terminal's graphics look like UI elements created with WinAPI, nevertheless, if I were you, I wouldn't assert withconfidence that the entire UI of the terminal is based on WinAPI...

Just do the necessary performance measurements of mql5 and c++ and it will become clear to you. I've already done it many times, including on this forum.

Nikolai Semko:
Just do the necessary performance measurements of mql5 and c++ and it will become clear to you. I've already done it many times, including on this forum.

It is enough for me that the performance of my Expert Advisor with offline optimisation is quite high. That's why I'm trying to find the best way to output optimization performance information to the chart. So as not to spoil performance by costly operations. You can compare the output speed of a display made of labels and a similar display with text output to a canvas. But I won't do that for now, as I'm dealing with other tasks at the moment. Really, I don't understand what a performance comparison of mql5 application with c++ application should give...?

Nikolai Semko:

You're wasting your time...

Alexey Viktorov:

I know

Nikolai Semko:

MT is written in C++. Therefore, it is enough to understand how GDI is set up and how all graphics output in C++ works via DC (device context) to understand how graphics work in MT.

Mihail Matkovskij:

I know how applications work with Windows graphics! Only what doesOBJ_BITMAP_LABEL have to do with itif it's just a chart object...? Yes, like all other chart objects it has pixels that are printed on the chart. And the chart,in turn, is already displayed on the screen. And what does this have to do with theWindows canvas working through Device Context? Maybe MetaTrader uses a different GDI than WinAPI...? Have you ever thought about that? Although MT4 and MT5 terminal's graphics look like elements of UI created with WinAPI, nevertheless I wouldn't assert withconfidence by developers that the entire UI of terminal works with WinAPI...

Nikolai Semko:
Just take necessary measurements of mql5 and c++ performance and you'll see.
Alexey Viktorov:

Nikolai Semko:
I know.

Really, why waste your time to prove what...? That"mql5 and c++ performance measurements" will show that Meta Trader outputs graphics using WinAPI...? I don't know what Nikolay meant by that... But that's what I understood from his posts. And if I've got it right, it's definitely not worth spending time on! Because that's just nonsense...

Mihail Matkovskij:

Really, why waste time to prove what...? That"mql5 and c++ performance measurements" will show that Meta Trader outputs graphics using WinAPI...? I don't know what Nikolay meant by that... But that's what I understood from his posts. And if I've got it right, it's definitely not worth spending time on! Because this is just nonsense...

Finally lost your train of thought.

I guess we just speak different languages.

Nikolai Semko:

Completely lost your train of thought.

I guess we just don't speak the same language.

you are a known forum user who has done a lot. you should expect inadequate people to argue with you for nothing (it's important to have a nickname to get noticed) just to promote yourself