Errors, bugs, questions - page 1727

A100:

This is not about source code. It turns out that the MetaEditor is unable to fully edit ANSI files, created using the ::FileOpen( FILE_ANSI). If the file is originally ANSI, but not .mqh, .mq4, .mq5 - why should it be saved compulsorily as Unicode?

Recently I also faced such an inconvenience

Thanks for the post, it has been corrected.

Now, for the source MQL code (determined by its extension, *.mq5 *.mqh *.mq4), the saving will be in Unicode, if the code contains characters other than US-ASCII (characters with a code greater than 127).

For other files, the save will be in Unicode if one of the characters of the saved file cannot be represented in the current ASCII encoding (characters with a code greater than 255)

Ilyas:
For other files, the save will be in Unicode if one of the characters of the file to be saved cannot be represented in the current ASCII encoding (characters with a code greater than 255)
Why can't the same solution be applied to ALL files?

fxsaber:
Why the same solution cannot be extended to ALL files?

Because it's 2016 and it's time to forget about silly ANSI encoding crutches in the mass market.

Especially in our case of multilingual support. Don't forget that this is a code editor.

The sooner the world gets rid of ANSI files, the better for everyone.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Because it's 2016 and it's time to forget about silly ANSI encoding crutches in the mass market.

Especially in our case of multilingual support. Don't forget that this is a code editor.

The sooner the world gets rid of ANSI files, the better for everyone.

Why are Russian characters affected?

fxsaber:

Here, however, everything is displayed normally in Russian. And the source is in ANSI.

Where is it here? On the site? On russian Windows? I said that I am talking about the Russian language in other locales.

I certainly would have made this "optimization" through the option. But MQ always think they know for others how they work best.

How can I normally find out the sub_window of a particular graphical object (chartID and Name are known)?

ENUM_OBJECT_PROPERTY_INTEGER doesn't have it. Going through ObjectName every time is a crutch.

fxsaber:

How can I normally find out the sub_window of a particular graphical object (chartID and Name are known)?

ENUM_OBJECT_PROPERTY_INTEGER doesn't have it. Going through ObjectName every time is a crutch.

And what's wrong with ObjectFind()?

The returned value

If it is successful, the function returns the number of subwindow (0 means main chart window) where the found object is located.

Alexey Viktorov:

What's wrong with ObjectFind()?

I didn't see it, thank you! A question came up right away. The description says

When renaming a graphical object

Do you mean manually renaming it with CTRL+B and then?

ObjectDelete does not work if object properties are open (via CTRL+B). Is this a bug?

fxsaber:

Didn't see it, thank you! A question immediately arose. The description says

Does it mean manually renaming via CTRL+B and beyond?

I guess so.