Styler in the MetaTrader 5 trading terminal - page 4

HideYourRichess :

I wasn't laughing, by the way. This typo, in my personal ranking of successful typos, has squeezed the nanopresident.

I suggest we join the protest efforts of the anti-stoolers and the lockers!

When are you going to settle down?

Sorento :

When will you settle down?

Organise a petition for the introduction of the ignore list - life will immediately get better!

Renat, thanks, for reloading the text saved by a third-party editor. ( it's about ME5)

In ME4 this will no longer be? ( reloading an editable file saved by a third-party editor).

Renat :

No need to align anything on their own. You press hotkey Ctrl + , and the entire file will be cleared automatically. Try it yourself.

That is, you type the code in any style you want, and then with a single click you put everything in order.

It's a strange conversation, almost like Zadornov: "I ask her: is your yoghurt fresh? And she says: pear.

I am not at an age to change my PL/1 habits just because you want to show off (in a good sense of the word): like a new language means it needs a new design. You're not selling biscuits which need a new design every six months. Could not make backward compatibility with 4, the elementary converter that adapts the old text at least somehow did not do. Well at least the formatting could be kept NATURAL.

Taaaaaa..... okay.... that's just me. For me, this item doesn't exist in ME5.

P.S. Although it would be interesting to organize a vote: 4-5 standard styles + your standard. We'd all like to see the results ;)

ForexTools :

It's a strange conversation, almost like Zadornov: 'I ask her: is your yoghurt fresh? and she replies: pear'.

I'm not at an age where I want to change my PL/1 habits just because you want to show off (in a good sense of the word): if it's a new language, it means it needs a new design. You're not selling biscuits which need a new design every six months. Could not make backward compatibility with 4, the elementary converter that adapts the old text at least somehow did not do. Well at least the formatting could save the NORMAL.

Taaaaaa..... okay.... that's just me. For me, this item doesn't exist in ME5.

Who makes you personally use manual(not automatic!) commands to convert code into digestible form?

No one is forcing it.

But you will have to click it thousands of times yourself, parsing through horrible code you downloaded from elsewhere. And we will try to make the downloaded Code Base files of acceptable quality and readability for users.

Put yourself in the place of a manager of a huge public code base which you have to edit and keep in a decent state - a lot of questions disappear at once.

Renat :

But you yourself will be pushing it thousands of times, figuring out the dreaded code downloaded from somewhere.

I won't :) I'm too lazy for that. I'm too lazy to write and post here a small program which will hang in the system tray and when you click on its icon, it will format in any style I like ;) All the action will be: Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X, click on the icon (will call Astyle and format the clipboard), Ctrl+V back to ME5. This is longer than your hotkey, but then the text will be much faster and easier to deal with.

And while we're at it, I'll allow myself to remind you of the success of just two products. Do you know when MS Office killed Lotus Office (I think most of you have never heard of it)? It was when MS introduced in their office a (almost) full-fledged programming language, VBA. THAT'S IT! Everything they couldn't or wouldn't do, users could program themselves. As a result, MS Office had functionality which Lotus could never have done on its own.

The second product is TotalComander. Developers didn't pull on all the blanket, and gave the "API" to developers. As a result we have a pile of plugins for it, that they couldn't have created in twenty years. In TC in the same familiar interface and explore the SQL databases, and editing the registry and CD / DVD write both on laptop and mobile, and on the MTFP, about the possibility of viewing and editing files and work with all types of archives is silent. Standard explorer is a legless, blind and deaf monster with one hand compared to my sharpened CU.

And your own example? ;) Lots of brokers had their trading platforms, but yours is the only platform that became really MULTIPLE, precisely because your programming language allowed you to make everything in the trading platform up to your bones! And instead of taking advantage of more successful solutions, you keep trying to tighten the screws.

My point is that if you and your products left it up to people to customize and tweak, your marketing goal would be achieved faster and at a lower cost to you, compared to the way you try to "monopolize". If one always did everything ABSOLUTELY correctly - there would be no questions, but I will allow myself just one reminder: your "correct" decision that indicators should not draw objects on the chart, has turned out to be "not quite right".

Sorry for the babukavak, but it really hurts to see you trip yourself up and instead of throwing crutches, you try to convince everyone, including yourself, that you are learning to jump so high :)))

ForexTools :

... but I'll allow myself just one reminder: your "correct" decision that indicators should not draw objects on the chart turned out to be "not quite right".

Everything is correct. But it is also correct that the objects will be.

The main thing is calmness and argumentation!

Thanks for the non-biasedness!

The styler is great - I liked it, but my religious beliefs don't seem to allow me to format my code in that style...

There was a talk that MetaEditor is an empty IDE for now. Can the stars be arranged so that you can write plugins?

And another argument about CodeBase that I don't understand at all. Why not do autoformatting when the script is uploaded directly? I don't think developers will format their code before the applause...

Don't worry - everything will be fine.

We'll come back to the question in a month's time.

Click the checkboxes and watch the formatting change in real time. The created settings can be saved in a command file, which will then convert either individual files or all files of a given extension in the directory in the same way.

UniversalIndentGUI
  • Thomas Schweitzer
  • universalindent.sourceforge.net
Ever concerned about how your code looks like?  Ever heard of different indenting styles, for example K&R?    Ever received code from someone else who didn't care about code formatting?     Ever tried to configure a code indenter to convert such code to your coding style?      Ever got bored by that tedious "changing a...