Styler in the MetaTrader 5 trading terminal - page 3

Rosh :

Maybe. But from my experience, I know that the two styles can get along just fine with each other. In MQL5 I always use styler (and I'm not complaining), in Java I use built-in IDE style. For example:

The question of positioning brackets (whether they are close to the encompassing code or one character closer to the left edge) is not a matter of principle.

I had a misunderstanding about the code meaning of "{ }" because

"{" I associate with the beginning of the operator,

"}" I associate with ";"

Well, you can't say that ";" - is a design element. All in all, don't worry about MQL associations. ))))

As for a single standard, I'm all for it. It's a habit that develops quickly, and over time, I think that everyone will be happy to work with other people's code as if it were their own, not copying and formatting it, but directly from the forum. Saves a lot of time and nerves. I myself struggle with submitting documents in ESCD. Even the very presentation (not to mention the content) in a single standard already from the start gives the work a weighty solidity.

coaster :

As for a single standard, I'm all for it. The habit grows quickly, and over time, I think, everyone will be only too happy to work

heh... You could go so far as to declare the MQL itself unnecessary :))

Why do I need another language when there's a standard C++?

And about the fact that everyone will be happy - I assure you all 250% that at least one of me will never make it to your 100%.

the current MQL5 style is the same as the "new" menu in MS Office 2007 - you have to prove that something brand new is done, but { whether in 4 or 5 - it's the beginning of the block anyway :)))))

ForexTools :

hehe... You could go so far as to declare MQLs unnecessary :))

Why do I need another language when there's standard C++?

I assure you with all 250% that at least one of you will never reach 100%.

the current MQL5 style is the same as the "new" menu in MS Office 2007 - you should think that something brand new has been done, but { whether in 4 or 5 it's the beginning of the block anyway :)))))

"As long as the sun is up,

it means nothing to us."

V.Tsoi

I think that the major "bloody" battles on this issue were fought without you and me and have long since ended.

coaster :

I think that the main "bloody" battles on this issue took place without you and me and have long since ended.

I do not care much about the battles that took place without my involvement :)

I have only one unanswered question for the developers: will they do the styler setup or not?

That's all I am interested in this thread. But it is not particularly important, because as: will do - I will use, will not do - will not :)))

ForexTools :

I don't care much about the battles that happen without my involvement :)

I have only one unanswered question for the developers: will they make the styler customization or not?

No, the styler will remain unadjusted.

ForexTools :

If the stooler is given the ability to

The stooler is a five!

Renat :

No, the styler will remain unadjusted.

Thank you. It's a pity, though.

And at least think about putting { and } at tab positions ;) because it's really inconvenient: typing text every time to put } in a position under its corresponding { you'll have to once again kick the backspace ....

HideYourRichess :

The stooler is a five!

and Astyle is ten!!! :P

ForexTools :

and Astyle is ten!!! :P

I wasn't laughing, by the way. This typo, in my personal ranking of successful typos, has squeezed the nanopresident.

I suggest we join the protest efforts of anti-stoolers and lockers!

ForexTools :

Thank you. It's a pity, though.

And at least think about putting { and } at tabulation positions ;) because it's really inconvenient: every time you type text to put } in a position below its corresponding { you'll have to repeatedly kick the backspace ....

You don't have to align anything. Just hit hotkey Ctrl + , and the entire file will be cleaned automatically. Try it yourself.

That is, you type in any style of code you like, and then with a single click you bring everything into order.

The MQL5 editor will be further developed to make developers' lives easier. It is currently an empty IDE.