Wishes for MT5 - page 113

What is missing in MQL is a function that would output the number of changed bars for a specified symbol/timeline. Every time I have to check the entire history and compare it with the previous history to find changes. It is very irrational, requires wasted memory to save the full history in an array, plus the cost of getting and comparing the same history.Especially with MT5 where the previous history is periodically deleted from memory and then needs to be downloaded from the disk. And I'm not even going to talk about complicating the code. So many ridiculous difficulties, instead of just asking Metatrader which knows exactly if the history has been changed or not.

The indicators have similar mechanism (parameter prev_calculated), but only for that symbol and period, on which the indicator is running. And different symbols can participate in calculations. Therefore we need a function that returns the number of updated bars (or time, from which the updated bars start) for any symbol.

Gentlemen developers, do you plan to make a normal syntax highlighting in MetaEditor? I.e. types/classes in one colour, variables in another, functions in third, macros in fourth, etc. In general, like in normal IDEs. Otherwise only standard MQL tools are highlighted. As a result, when you actively use OOP the whole code turns into a solid black text (not counting operators). You won't be able to immediately distinguish the names of the classes, objects and functions. It's very hard to read. I often catch myself thinking that it's much nicer to use the standard primitives for the sake of code clarity (so that it doesn't look like a black mass). And it shouldn't be like this.

meat:
Gentlemen developers, do you plan to make a normal syntax highlighting in MetaEditor? I.e. types/classes with one colour, variables with another, functions with another, macros with the fourth, etc. In general, like in normal IDEs. Otherwise only standard MQL tools are highlighted. As a result, when you actively use OOP the whole code turns into a solid black text (not counting operators). You won't be able to immediately distinguish the names of the classes, objects and functions. It's very hard to read. I often catch myself thinking that it's much better to use standard primitives for the sake of code clarity (so that it looks not as black mass). But it shouldn't be like this.
Open in other compilers!!!

Too bad none of the developers answer in this thread. I wonder if they even look here... In service-desk too, all suggestions usually go unanswered (only bugs are answered). Not good.

But let's get on with it.

From time to time I face such a problem that it is impossible to clearly identify the Expert Advisor/indicator that is running. For example, an Expert Advisor creates and uses a certain file (or a global variable) that is used specifically for this EA (or rather, for this instance).And other EAs should not use this file / global variable, they have their own ones. So, how should the EA find its file / variable after the restart of the terminal or after reinitialization of parameters?

If the file is named by the name of the EA / symbol / timeframe, then any other instance of this EA on a similar chart will open that file. If the file is named by the window handle, then the handle will no longer be valid after a reload.

In short, we need a unique ID for the EA/indicator, which would not change at reloading. For example, it can be the time of binding of the EA to the chart. I suggest to add this parameter to MQLInfoInteger.

In the MetaEditor, we want to be able to go one step back.

That is, the call of the function "Function_B" from the function "Function_A":

bool Function_A(void)
  {
   Function_B()
   return(true);
  }

After clicking on the text"Function_B" and then either clicking the middle button or Alt+G - the function_B is switched to. After reviewing the code, it is necessary to return back to the place of call - to Function_A. But there is no such functionality. And we want to.

Karputov Vladimir:

In MetaEditor we want to be able to go one step back.

That is, the call of the function "Function_B" from the function "Function_A":

After clicking on the text"Function_B" and then either clicking the middle button or Alt+G - the Function_B is switched to. After reviewing the code, it is necessary to return back to the place of call - to Function_A. But there is no such functionality. But we would like it.

Yes, it would be convenient. Write to Service Desk too.

We have quick access to the definition(Alt+G). We need a quick switch from definition to back.

Karputov Vladimir:

In the MetaEditor, we want to be able to go one step back.

That is, calling the function "Function_B" from the function "Function_A":

After clicking on the text"Function_B" and then either clicking the middle button or Alt+G - the Function_B is switched to. After reviewing the code, it is necessary to return back to the place of call - to Function_A. But there is no such functionality. And we want to.

step forward Ctrl+-, step backward Ctrl+Shift+-

Vitalie Postolache:
step forward Ctrl+-, step backward Ctrl+Shift+-
Not true. It doesn't work.

Karputov Vladimir:

Strange, it works for me. Pressed Alt+G on the function call and jumped to the function definition, then pressed Ctrl+- and jumped back.

Got the combinations mixed up above, it's the other way round: step forward Ctrl+Shift+-, step backwards Ctrl+-, sorry.

Karputov Vladimir:
I tried it. It works for me. )