Wishes for MT5 - page 88

Duplicating from the "Questions from a Dummie" thread. Please accept this as a suggestion:

I would like to be able to save these resources on disk using only MQL5 tools, the very program that contains resources.

For example, an Expert Advisor generates a report in which you need to insert pictures that make the document more readable. Of course, you can generate a link to these files, but the problem occurs when there is a process between the customer and the programmer. This means that you will have to think all the time about how to transfer the necessary files in case of any changes. The problem will be even more when the product will be displayed in the Market and a lot of customers will come to your head. :)

MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы недавно зарегистрировались и у вас возникли вопросы: Как вставить картинку в сообщение на форуме, как красиво оформить исходный код MQL5, где находятся ваши Личные сообщения? В этой статье мы подготовили для вас несколько практических советов, которые помогут быстрее освоиться на сайте MQL5.community и позволят в полной мере воспользоваться доступными функциональными возможностями.

(Dreamily) And it would be nice if in the dialog for setting external parameters one could set sections with their own titles (not editable by user).

At the moment I have to set such pseudo section title as input string s1 = "--- Title title ---";

Dima_S:

(Dreamily) And it would be nice if the dialog box for setting external parameters could have sections with their own headings (not user-editable).

And now we have to set the title of such pseudo section as input string s1 = "--- Title title ---";

Oh, for crying out loud! )) The external parameters menu needs a good bit more work.

For example, depending on which item is selected in the pop-up list, the corresponding parameters in the block below. It would be very convenient.

This is a wish by the way)).

Colleagues, don't forget to make your requests in the Service Desk. Otherwise, wishes will just remain wishes.

joo:
Colleagues, don't forget to make your requests in the Service Desk. Otherwise, your wishes will just remain wishes.

I have duplicated some of my suggestions from this thread in the Service Desk. Do the developers somehow let me know that if the suggestion is interesting, it is accepted? Or, if it is not interesting, I would also like to know about it in order to think what to do with it next. ))

tol64:
I have duplicated some of my suggestions from this thread to servicedesk. Do the developers somehow let you know that if a suggestion is interesting, it is accepted? Or, if it is not interesting, I would also like to know about it, so that I can think about what to do with it next. ))
If they are interested, they answer and the application remains open (or remains open without response). If they are not interested, they answer and close the application.

joo:
If they are interested, they answer and the application remains open(or hangs open but no answer). And if they are not interested, they answer and close the application.

Another wish, then:

Please don't do as what is highlighted in red. )))

tol64:

Another wish, then:

Please don't do as what is highlighted in red. )))

If the application is processed, a blank post appears with the name of the curator of the application.

This is effectively a marker that the application is being processed.

I would like to raise a question: IMHO mql has very ugly organization of data storing. My principle to facilitate my work is tocreate graphical objects (which should have their own variables), and the Expert Advisor goes through them and performs the necessary actions depending on the type of object (Fibo - rebound, TL - trend break, etc.). It would be unreasonable to recalculate every tick and therefore we need variables to save parameters on every pass. Now I'm shoving all the parameters into the description, but I'm already close to the limit.

EXIT: ideally, the principle is the same as in IMR (there is a base class, and the user adds what he wants (variables)). Below is a screenshot with an example of my graph object description

Документация по MQL5: Графические объекты / ObjectCreate
Документация по MQL5: Графические объекты / ObjectCreate
  • www.mql5.com
Графические объекты / ObjectCreate - Документация по MQL5
Files:
jkselz010m.png  227 kb

papaklass:

At the moment we have a function:

I would like to add the possibility of filling the array not only by index, but by time as well.

This will be handy when working with time-series. Bar searches are not always adequate as there are holes in the history.

Something like this:

Perhaps it would help you to copy to an array by time(CopyRates, third option) and then search by what is copied in the array