Optimization on a dual-processor computer - page 2

pribludilsa:
I always thought that processing power is not measured in threads or cores... In terms of price the power 9 is almost the same as the 86 if you compare models of similar power. So, to put it in your vocabulary, before you mess with people's heads on a forum, learn what the number of operations per second is and what benchmarks are so you don't look like you do now. And when you do, I'll be happy to see you in the discussion of the topic.

Did a little googling on what kind of architecture... Are you seriously suggesting this to the man at home? The person just wanted to test EAs, why would he want to fool around with AIX UNIX and virtualization? Rhetorical question if anything =)

Андрей:

Did a little googling on what kind of architecture... Are you seriously suggesting this to the man at home? The person just wanted to test EAs, why would he want to fool around with AIX UNIX and virtualization? Rhetorical question if anything =)

It's got Linux support. Everything works fine, nothing complicated. Automatic installation from graphical interfaces. The benefits of having full control over the machine and its software outweigh the inconvenience of learning something new, not only from a practical point of view, but also from a mental equilibrium point of view. For instance, I resent availability of proprietary firmware in such important nodes. I am sure that in the future, such a degrading phenomenon as spyware calculators will be relegated to the dustbin of history.

pribludilsa:
There's support for Linux. Everything works perfectly, nothing complicated. Automatic installation from graphical interfaces. The benefits of having full control over the machine and its software outweigh the inconvenience of learning something new, not only from a practical point of view, but also from a mental equilibrium point of view. For instance, I resent availability of proprietary firmware in such important nodes. I am sure that in future such a degrading phenomenon as spyware calculators will be thrown out to the dustbin of history.
And who will control the processes taking place in the wind? Cool hardware won't help? Too bad, then what's the point? Security will get worse, there are a lot of things the average user can't understand. Security is first and foremost a matter of the user's classification.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
And who will control what happens on the wind? Cool hardware won't help? Too bad, then what's the point?
I do not understand the question. It can run on a virtual machine. If we understand each other. But I'd like to talk not about hardware, but about optimization. Is there any way around the tester's pass limit?

pribludilsa:
But I would like to talk not about hardware, but about optimisation. Is there any way around the tester's pass limit?

What kind of restriction are we talking about?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

What restriction are we talking about?

Quote from the official website :"Genetic optimisation mode is automatically activated if the total number of optimisation steps exceeds 100,000,000.

pribludilsa:

Quote from the official website :"Genetic optimisation mode is automatically activated if the total number of optimisation steps exceeds 100,000,000."

How would you live with this?

Let's say it takes one second per pass. 100,000,000 passes is more than three years of optimisation))

Dmitry Fedoseev:

How would you live with that?

Let's say it takes one second per pass. 100,000,000 passes is more than three years of optimisation.)

As mentioned above, we're talking about a network connection of many powerful computers, the time is likely to be shorter. But it doesn't matter. Maybe I want to do three years of optimization. I would like to be able to do that.

pribludilsa:

As mentioned above, we are talking about connecting many powerful computers over a network, the time is likely to be shorter. But it doesn't matter. Maybe I want to do three years of optimisation. I would like to be able to do that.

You can run the optimization yourself in several steps -https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/26132.

But there's really no point in going through all that many combinations.

MultiTester
MultiTester
  • www.mql5.com
Множественные прогоны/оптимизации в Тестере.

Friends, I just had a question about whether MT5 recognizes dual processor mother or not, that's all. I want to get a HUANANZHI X99-T8D motherboard with 512G NVMe SSD Dual Xeon processor E5 2678 V3 with 64GB 8*8GB 1866 REG ECC memory cooling processor on ali for this purpose. The 10 winda will recognize the presence of 2 processors easily. The question was specifically about MT5. Well I figured it would chew it up. Two 2.5GHz processors and 48 threads will do what I want. I hope our Chinese comrades won't let me down with quality)