MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 17

Please advise how to increase the number of agents in the clod ? Situation is that I had a CPU with 4 cores/threads. Upgraded to 8/16. Reinstalled the software. I have 16 local agents but there are 4 left for clud and the add agent button is not available. Searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.

Edgar:
I use a lot of parameters in genetic optimization. As soon as number of variants becomes so big that it shows up in scientific notation (6.8768769e+21), optimization goes on with half of agents (4 out of 8) after generation 0. No mention of this in the logs. Optimization itself runs fine, but with half load, twice as long.

It turned out to be even worse. TheFrameInputs function fails (4001, unexpected internal error).

I've got convinced that it's not the number of parameters, but the number of enumeration variants.

We'll have to overload the optimization. This reduces the usefulness of genetics.

Hello. In my last series with forex, I observed the emergence of mt5. As time has passed, this complex has grown noticeably. But now, after a break, I have encountered a couple of things that are bothering me.

1- I can't use a full overshoot! You decide for me how much time I can devote to optimisation! It used to take me a week or 2 for the longest optimizations. Note, it's not bad or slow, it's necessary! And it's limited by memory speed in my case. And there's not too much progress here. But. no need to save my electricity or the resource of my coolers and capacitor screws! Let me decide for myself what time it is justified to spend on optimization.

Why am I writing this? Because I understand that this decision is made consciously, with the best of intentions. And so my suggestion will cause resistance.

But let me give you an example. In the past, remember, there was a lot of debate as to whether traders needed a big story! You explained (in the person of your manager) how much memory is needed. And you explained exactly how much memory and why it is needed... And traders said the same thing in unison. We will buy the memory, do not worry about it! As a result, you can download the history from the shaggy year and everyone is happy. And traders next door are discussing whether to buy 64 or 32 memory and then change computers...

It's the same with the tester. I know better how much time I need for optimization! I don't need to be restricted.

But I understand that beginners may get bored, click in the wrong place and get upset that everything is so slow. This is a known problem, and it's solved by a simple "advanced settings for experts" option! The dummies won't go there on their own because people know their ceiling and are afraid to go near it.

We're not talking about grannies who have trouble making phone calls. We are talking about people who are mastering programming languages!

2- You can't just put in a bunch of different terminals like before. Yes, I found a way to run it in a portable version so that it stores data in its own directory, but it's a complication.

fxsaber:

Playback problem with display of bool input parameters in the Tester.

In Parameters we see zero instead of false.

Corrected by

By the way, you can use the clipboard (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) to export-import test-optimisation settings and input parameters

Slava:
By the way, you can use the clipboard (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) to export-import test-optimisation settings and input parameters

Thank you, that makes the automation options much easier.

One more thing.

3- The other day I lost access to mql5 completely. No access to the website, no access to the terminal. It was explained to me that I need to change my ip because my old ip was in a blocked range. I don't think you can solve it. But how to use your demo now, because at any moment everything can stop...

Михаил:

Hello. In my last series with forex, I observed the emergence of mt5. As time has passed, this complex has grown noticeably. But now, after a break, I have encountered a couple of things that are bothering me.

1- I can't use a full overshoot! You decide for me how much time I can devote to optimisation! It used to take me a week or 2 for the longest optimizations. Note, it's not bad or slow, it's necessary! And it's limited by memory speed in my case. And there's not too much progress here. But. no need to save my electricity or the resource of my coolers and capacitor screws! Let me decide for myself what time it is justified to spend on optimization.

Why am I writing this? Because I understand that this decision is made consciously, with the best of intentions. And so my suggestion will cause resistance.

But let me give you an example. In the past, remember, there was a lot of debate as to whether traders needed a big story! You explained (in the person of your manager) how much memory is needed. And you explained exactly how much memory and why it is needed... And traders said the same thing in unison. We will buy the memory, do not worry about it! As a result, you can download the history from the shaggy year and everyone is happy. And traders next door are discussing whether to buy 64 or 32 memory and then change computers...

It's the same with the tester. I know better how much time I need for optimization! I don't need to be restricted.

But I understand that beginners may get bored, click in the wrong place and get upset that everything is so slow. This is a known problem, and it's solved by a simple "advanced settings for experts" option! The dummies won't go there on their own because people know their ceiling and are afraid to go near it.

We're not talking about grannies who have trouble making phone calls. We are talking about people who are mastering programming languages!

2- You can't just put in a bunch of different terminals like before. Yes, I found a way to run it in a portable version so that it stores data in its own directory, but it's a complication.

1. At the moment there is a limit of 100,000,000 (100 million) passes for a full optimization enumeration. Previously (in MT4) this limit was 1 million, and that suited you. How many do you need?

2. Portable mode is not necessary to store data in different folders. Or do you not want to search for data in the AppData directory?

On the subject of complicating data storage, ask Microsoft. We introduced portable mode just to keep the storage the same as before, what do you see as the complication?

fxsaber:

After Optimisation, Agents do not unload for some time (a decent number of minutes) while in combat readiness. This is a really cool solution.

Sometimes Agents eat up a lot of memory, which is needed after Optimization. So decided to free it up by disabling them.

However, they, didn't unload.

Is it possible to make them unload by "Disable" menu item or create "Unload Forced" menu item?

Making an unloading using the "Disconnect" menu item

Slava:
Let's make the unloading by "Disable" menu item

Thank you. Is the Real Tick Optimization planning to store tick history (and bars can, if only zero bar generation is done) in memory in one place for all local Agents at once? Right now, unfortunately, each Agent works (judging by memory consumption) with its own copy of tick history.