Why is Python so fashionable in machine learning? - page 9

No. I'm not going to switch from Python to R. All my experience as a programmer resists the syntax of R. I have hardly put up with Python. My element is C# and C++. Though now I realize that it's not that much easier to program in Python. It's less expensive to write code.

Rashid Umarov:

I've never wondered about the branch question, but for me the answer is fully revealed in the article on hubra - Python, Delphi and C++ through the eyes of a scientist / Habrahabr

It was also interesting to read the comments on the article.

Here's another article on the subject -Rand Python - worthy competitors?

It's already clearly written what the appeal of python is

Plus: a universal language
Python is a universal language, simple and intuitive. Its learning curve is relatively gentle, you can write programs faster in this language. To make it short, you spend very little time on code and a lot of time on stuff!

R и Python — достойные соперники?
R и Python — достойные соперники?
  • habrahabr.ru
Всем доброй пятницы, дорогие читатели! В истории компьютерной редакции издательства «Питер» найдется немного столь успешных книг, как "Программируем на Python" Майкла Доусона и не больше таких противоречивых тем, как изумительный язык R, прочно закрепившийся в числе бестселлерных тем «Амазона». В настоящее время мы договариваемся с...

Rashid Umarov:

Here's another article on the subject: Rand Python: Are They Worthy Rivals?

It clearly says what the appeal of python is

Great article, as they say "a good spoon for dinner".

I want to mention some points of the article.

It points out that the advantage of python is its versatility with respect to R.

But we have gathered people here on this site, and we are discussing a very specific problem in this thread: the development of decision-making blocks in Expert Advisors. Why do we need universality, why do we need Python's website development capabilities and the corresponding majority of users among Python users who will get tangled up under our feet in various forums, chat rooms and literature?

R is a specialized language just for us, for EA developers, traders who want to improve the quality of decision blocks. And this is exactly the area where Python is in the catching-up position. If you take into account the opinion of the article that R has a more streamlined infrastructure, the solution is obvious.

And as the cherry on the cake, it is also important that there is a long running and stable interface between R and MT5/4.

PS.

For example,Vladimir Perervenko who has written many articles on machine learning, uses both languages and doesn't bother - he has time and possibilities.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What about Spyder? I looked it up, editor + console.

I don't use them, I like gedit and PyCharm enough, I don't like Atom

I don't like them because PyCharm has env out of the box, in gedit I use console to run the needed environment, with other editors I have to use console too, so I thought what's the point of that hassle ))