Generic Class Library - bugs, description, questions, usage and suggestions - page 32

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Product code - the serial number of a particular Windows installation, will change with a clean reinstallation.

Device code - The combined hardware id of the computer. It is retained during a minor upgrade.

I wonder how it is emulated by the wine?

JRandomTrader:

I wonder how it's emulated by the Vine?

I don't know, I don't use it. I have to compare two computers with Wine. Or google it.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Product code - the serial number of a particular Windows installation, will change with a clean reinstallation.

Device code - The combined hardware id of the computer. Retained during a minor upgrade.

Sadness what can be changed / moved in the registry. With the windup the activation of the windup is possible, but nothing should happen to the hardware number. It is logically written when installing the system and changing it once, and is not checked for correctness.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Sadness what can be changed / moved in the registry. The activation of the winnings may fail, but nothing should happen to the hardware number. It is logically written when installing the system and changing it once, and is not checked for correctness.

Is this a fact or an assumption based on the fact that the value can be edited? I'm not sure if replacing in the registry won't reset to the correct value calculated by the windup. It may be that the registry actually readonly value.

It is quite safe to check this. Save the values and change to a different value. After a restart, the worst that can happen is that the activation will fail, which will be restored after restoring the values. But that's not certain. And for those who have an activator, there is no need to worry about the experiment at all.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Is this a fact or an assumption based on the fact that the value can be edited? I'm not sure if replacing in the registry won't reset to the correct value calculated by the windup. Perhaps there is actually a readonly value in the registry.

Haven't tried it yet, but may have to. May be wrong on hardware, I don't know, melksoft are greedy, so I don't think they will calculate by hardware, but by OS, these product codes are inserted in registry by activators.

I'll try some test ones at the weekend, no pity they're not around)

Under the water system.reg is just a text file. MachineId is not in it.

WINE REGISTRY Version 2
;; All keys relative to \\Machine

[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion] 1599949582
#time=1 d68953be96385e
"CommonFilesDir"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files"
"CommonFilesDir (x86)"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files"
"FirstInstallDateTime"=hex:21,81,7 c,23
"ProductId"="12345-oem-0000001-54321"

I have tried it. Both values are saved in the registry and in the control panel after a reboot. But something is not right here. It can't be that after any upgrade or generally multiplying installations to different machines you can just write the written values again and everything will work. What would then be the point of protecting the wind system? At some point, something will not work. Or on the contrary, it will work.

JRandomTrader:

Under widean system.reg is just a text file. MachineId is not in it.

There is no license protection in the Wine at all. It is an emulation. It is a toy.

You won't be able to bind a programme to the hardware. The only possibility is to write a program for linux to read the system specifications and link it with the MQL. I do not remember how to do it, and between the virtual machine and the host seems to have a connection through the IP? Well, somehow communicate...

Edgar Akhmadeev:
I've tried it. Both are saved in the registry and in the control panel after reboot. But something is not right here. It can't be that after any upgrade or in general multiplying installations on different machines you can just write again the written down values and everything will work. What would then be the point of protecting the wind system? At some point, something will not work. Or on the contrary, it will work.

That's right, and it's sad. I've met scammers selling laptops. They have rewritten computer properties and device manager. It turned out to be a bit more complicated than rewriting the registry, but not too difficult.

Display the properties, and there is 10 times more memory drawn, and the processor, which is not. Output the device manager, and there's also just an aeroplane, not the laptop that's on offer. Everest, aida zpuZet only saved me.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

There is no need for licence protection in the Vine at all. It's an emulation. It's a toy.

You will not be able to bind a program to the hardware. The only way to do that is to write a tool for linux to read the system specifications and link it with the MQL. I do not remember how to do it, and between the virtual machine and the host seems to have a connection through the IP? Well, linking somehow...

Well, actually, "Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator")" :)

I have quite an operational MT running not only under wine, but also in a virtual machine.