Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3513

СанСаныч Фоменко #:

"Arbitrary thinking" is the apotheosis of the ideology of consumption, which is axiomatic for the author! The man talks rubbish that the main thing in man is consumption! Although the history of man is precisely "arbitrary thinking" in the author's terminology. History does not know what the people who remain in history consumed, nor the entire environment in which those people existed. Moreover, that human development is "arbitrary thinking" that does NOT require any special effort.

Pascal video.

The opposition of consumption to thinking is incomprehensible, Manichaeism of some sort.

Aleksey Nikolayev #:
It is incomprehensible to contrast consumption with thinking, it is Manichaeism.

There is no equality or opposition here. Everything is strictly ordered hierarchically. Everything is very simple when answering the question: do we eat to live, or do we live to eat?

I argue that people are those who eat to live. And those who are the opposite quickly become ossified and perish. There's even a historical example: The Roman Empire perished under the slogan: "Bread and spectacle".

СанСаныч Фоменко #:

There is no equality or opposition here. Everything is strictly ordered hierarchically. Everything is very simple when answering the question: do we eat to live, or do we live to eat?

I argue that people are those who eat to live. But those who are the opposite quickly become ossified and perish. There's even a historical example: The Roman Empire perished under the slogan: "Bread and spectacle".

There is unity. The desire to consume, for example food, is also a thought. There are even those who refuse this thought (anorexia).

Sanych always thinks very weakly, then speaks out very sharply. Often not on the topic at all, because he didn't understand it. It's almost always like that, it's not the first time. Savelyev is already old, but he thinks strongly because he eats a variety of food rich in microelements. Drinking tincture and smoking good tobacco.) And those who do not eat, think very weakly, because it takes a lot of energy.
That's what the video is about. That it is very difficult to make yourself think. You should not confuse arbitrary thinking with internal dialogue, which is just a thought background (noise).
90+ percent of the time a person is either stuck on internal dialogue (TV) or thinking by instinct.
These are facts that can be independently verified by remembering your daily schedule.

Well, I don't agree that someone who eats well, smokes and drinks well thinks well.

mytarmailS #:
Well, I don't agree that someone who eats well smokes and drinks well thinks well.
Well, a fly with a tincture for a big man is not boozing :) it's at the level of the body's production of ethyl alcohol.
Eating well means a variety of good food, not through force :)

Would you say that all the great geniuses didn't eat or drink?) That's basically all they did. And when those needs are met, you can think a little bit.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Would you say that all the great geniuses didn't eat or drink?) That's basically all they did. And when those needs are met, you can think about it a little bit.
When did they study to generate genius ideas if they drank to think?

I think you're describing some kind of animal.

mytarmailS #:
When did they study to generate brilliant ideas if they drank to think?

I think you're describing some kind of animal.

in between, they had time for everything.

the brain can't be at its peak for more than a week, you'll start to exhaust the body and become dull, deficient in substances. Try thinking intensely for at least a day on some global problem.

And then try the next day to think at all on principle... it will hardly work ).

Purely for myself I will say that on an empty stomach think very well.....

Already on the third day of fasting the organism works differently, those who have tried it will understand.
The feeling is better than many drugs...

+ concentration
+ attention
+ peace of mind
+ glamour