Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3148

mytarmailS #:

I'm reading quant.stackexchange, where quants don't believe in levels at all.

Here's one of the discussions

That's how smart people are, but they deny the obvious...

There used to be trades for level breakout, with short takeouts. They worked very effectively because of the peculiarities of quoting. Then they all disappeared somewhere, probably the dts learnt to fight. Because these trades were sold and a lot of people bought them, I guess someone's pockets got very empty.

It probably has nothing to do with MO, unless you specifically look for such inefficiencies with it.

It was about the same with arbitrage, when I got 200-500% a day and a week later I was banned :) I tried to do arbitrage by means of MO to trick the quoter and hide the fact of arbitrage. It didn't work, maybe I tried badly.

Knowing that when trading it is better to moderate your ardour and not to be too impudent, otherwise you will be banned, I switched to longer trades. And it is not so simple with this. But running from dts to dts with an outstretched hand is not comical.

And when it comes to inefficiency, you still have to choose which ones will let you trade in the literal sense, and which ones will not :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
And when it comes to inefficiencies, you still have to choose which ones you get to trade literally and which ones you don't :)

Arbitrage has been dead for a long time, they widen the spread on night patterns, all DCs have already learnt...

But all prices are the same and not everyone draws their own, so trading is more honest...

And TCs are left only on honest forecasting, if you know how to forecast, you will take something away, if you don't know how to forecast, they will take it away from you.

mytarmailS #:

No one will, arbitrage has been dead for a long time, they widen the spread on night patterns, all DCs have already learnt it.

But all prices are the same and not everyone draws their own, so the trade is more honest....

And TSs are left only on honest forecasting, if you can forecast, you'll get something, if you can't, they'll take it from you.

It's not dead yet, it's still alive. It's just not interesting anymore. There's a lot of fiddling with accounts.
On crypto, some people have become very wealthy. Out of the muck and into the muck.

Honest prediction - it sounds quite strange in a highly competitive environment :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
He's not dead yet, he's still alive. It's just not fun anymore. It's a lot of account stuff.

Come on, come on,

that music ended a long time ago, and it didn't last long either.

mytarmailS #:

Come on, come on,

that music ended a long time ago, and it didn't last long either.

People are working, filling their pockets. But you can't get in off the street. It's a contracting business.
It's a serious business with big turnovers.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
People are working, lining their pockets. But you can't get in off the street. You've got your own deal.

Contracts with a DC-shekka? That her money will be taken from her by some people not from the street?

)))

mytarmailS #:

A contract with the DC girl? That she's gonna have her day taken away by some off the streets?

)))

Yes. In exchange for clients. Think of it as informal pay for your work.
Sometimes they just have their own people sitting where they need to be.
It's big business.
Sometimes they screw each other over. There's all sorts of things 😀

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Yeah. In exchange for clients. Think of it as informal pay for your work.
Sometimes they just have their own people sitting where they should be.
It's big business.

What's the point of pseudo-trading?

paid for clients and that's it, referrals, for example.

You're not making any sense.)

mytarmailS #:

why is there even a pseudo-trade?

paid for clients and that's it, referrals, for example.

You're not making any sense.)

You're just not in the subject. Just so the client will not go, he first needs to show how cool everything is. And then, well, you know. And you have to make sure you don't lose him at the end. The scheme has to be clever.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
You're just out of touch. The client won't just go like that, he first has to be shown how cool everything is. And then, well, you know. And you have to make sure you don't lose him at the end. The scheme has to be clever.

Even if all this is true, in the end the client will be left with nothing, which means that the topic of DC arbitrage is dead.